• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Sri Lanka 2012

Mike5181

International Captain
Which counts for about as much as Rob Nicol's 80 he scored in the hotel lobby after practice was cancelled yesterday.
T20 in Sri Lanka isn't relevant to a T20 game in Sri Lanka? Nice logic there mate. If we picked the team based solely on the T20 world cup there'd be about six players.

Meridio

International Regular
Well. I turn on my tv, see that NZ are doing **** AND it's raining AND Danny Morrison is commentating. Could life get any worse etc.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
The Waterpolo tournament: AKA New Zealand Tour of Sri Lanka

One of the worst times to have a tour in SL. The whole country is getting heavy rains in November. "Neelam" cyclone has made it worse, with rainfalls getting up to 500mm in last two days.

T20 already washed off. 5 ODIs and two tests to be washed off.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
1st ODI gone. This does seem like a scheduling debacle.

I was gonna suggest this thread be stickied, but maybe there's no point.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
One of the worst times to have a tour in SL. The whole country is getting heavy rains in November. "Neelam" cyclone has made it worse, with rainfalls getting up to 500mm in last two days.

T20 already washed off. 5 ODIs and two tests to be washed off.
Will it get better in a week or so? Or is it truely the whole month

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Can we send Latham and Milne back to NZ to get some domestic cricket?
What a waste of time.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Will it get better in a week or so? Or is it truely the whole month
Neelam is gone now, but the evening showers will continue. This is the inter-monsoonal period of SL. Test matches will be in abetter state. But ODIs I don't want to talk about.

thierry henry

International Coach
Jeez this is an awful looking team on paper. I can't believe Andrew Ellis is still playing international cricket.

vandem

International 12th Man
Why would you choose to bat when your relative strength is seam bowling (Mills, Southee, Boult), and you have a makeshift top order (no Guptill or BMc) !?

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jeez. Latham out for 2 (18). Not one of his best. Just one scoring shot.

Top ball, though.

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I really hope Latham is gaining something from this. Repeatedly shown in international career to date that it is far far too soon for him.