• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Sri Lanka 2012

Athlai

Not Terrible
Guys. It turns out I have magical jinxing abilities.

I'll keep this in mind and write out my suicide letter.

Blain

U19 Captain
Jinxed him Athlai!!

Shouldnt have played that one KW. Batting at 8 in the limited overs series wouldnt have helped him out there.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I'd like to clarify to any cricketing deities that by a good feeling I mean as a Sri Lankan fan, I believe they will do well.

Flem274*

123/5
He needs to move from ND to a real province. Batting for the team that can't bat is his problem.

Should come to CD obvz.

Howsie

International Captain
****ing hell Athlai.

Williamson is perfecting that poke outside off :(
Yep, absolutely terrible stuff. Wouldn't believe for a second he's a test match number three with that footwork either. Love em to bits but he's gone backwards as a batsmen at a serious rate of knots in the last year or so. The glorious footwork he had when he first made the national team has been replaced but some Franklin esque half prod forward crease bound rubbish.

Hardly surprising though when he's going around the world playing cricket as a fielder.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Williamson's batting now compared to his debut is awful. I don't know what Wright, Hesson and Greatbatch have been coaching but it isn't working.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Before that 100 vs South Africa I thought it was getting close to the point where Williamson needed to be dropped. Then the 100, then nothing since.

Obviously he should play both tests this series and my general thoughts have always been just give him time in the side, even if he's struggling, because he'll come right eventually. But do start to wonder if some time out of the side might be beneficial to him - like Southee perhaps.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How the hell have you lost 3 wickets to Sri Lanka's pace attack in the opening 10 overs?

Good toss to lose then and an uphill battle from here for NZ.