Cricket Player Manager
Page 141 of 150 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 2245

Thread: *Official* New Zealand in Sri Lanka 2012

Kulasekara's batting has actually come on leaps and bounds in the last year or two. Fortunately though it's been more as a hitter he's developed; if anything he's actually less suited to this situation than he used to be when he was a more limited but more compact batsman. Certainly far from a mug though.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09

Quote Originally Posted by John Singleton
    Recognition of Property Rights in material objects is the recognition of a manís right to exist; his right to pursue his own goals in his own manner at his own discretion with what is rightfully his to command. Just as the Right to Life is the right to the property of oneís own person, so the right to own material products is the right to sustain oneís life and to keep the results of oneís own efforts.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    if tastle doesn't get a wicket in this over get jeets on for another go. keep changing it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    if tastle doesn't get a wicket in this over get jeets on for another go. keep changing it up.
    Yeah his bowling has got worse as this spell has progressed. Time for Jeets again.

btw i have a horrible feeling we're going to lose at least an hour of the last session to the light.

International Captain wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    Bowl with the core imo

oh ffs losing an over here
    Exit pursuing a beer

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Kulasekara's batting has actually come on leaps and bounds in the last year or two. Fortunately though it's been more as a hitter he's developed; if anything he's actually less suited to this situation than he used to be when he was a more limited but more compact batsman. Certainly far from a mug though.
    Speaking of Kula, would you pick him in the Test XI in Australia considering he only gets it through at120-125 kms?

need to get through angelo here to speed this up. no idea how we're going to do that though. not enough bounce in the wicket to play the compulsive hook shot game again.

all we're doing with tastle is getting Kula's eye in.

Quote Originally Posted by Zinzan View Post
    Speaking of Kula, would you pick him in the Test XI in Australia considering he only gets it through at120-125 kms?
    Yeah absolutely, especially considering which Australian venues they're playing at. I've always been one of his biggest fans of this forum (I even started a thread about him years back) so I'm probably not the right guy to ask, but he's so much better than their other seam options that it isn't funny; he has to play.

Yeah absolutely, especially considering which Australian venues they're playing at. I've always been one of his biggest fans of this forum (I even started a thread about him years back) so I'm probably not the right guy to ask, but he's so much better than their other seam options that it isn't funny; he has to play.
    Welegedara? Took 5fer against SA last time out iirc.

International Captain straw man's Avatar
    Deep mid wicket an important catching position for tastle. Put Guptill there now

need to get through angelo here to speed this up. no idea how we're going to do that though. not enough bounce in the wicket to play the compulsive hook shot game again.
    Really comes down to a combination of whether or not the new ball swings & how quickly it starts getting dark after tea. If it swings a lot and we get 80-90 minutes at them after tea, I back us to win it.

Welegedara? Took 5fer against SA last time out iirc.
    Yeah I've always had a bit of time for him too but I don't think he's fully fit at the moment and he bowls complete and utter pies when he's not at the top of his game. Playing Randiv would be pointless AFAIC so they're going to need three quicks anyway; dropping one of their current quicks isn't going to help there.

Kane on next over imo. Race through to the new ball and he might lull them into a false sense of security.

Quote Originally Posted by Zinzan View Post
    Really comes down to a combination of whether or not the new ball swings & how quickly it starts getting dark after tea. If it swings a lot and we get 80-90 minutes at them after tea, I back us to win it.
    Yeah I've always had a bit of time for him too but I don't think he's fully fit at the moment and he bowls complete and utter pies when he's not at the top of his game. Playing Randiv would be pointless AFAIC so they're going to need three quicks anyway; dropping one of their current quicks isn't going to help there.
    Yeah I agree with both of these posts

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS;[B
    2960798]Kulasekara's batting has actually come on leaps and bounds in the last year or two. Fortunately though it's been more as a hitter he's developed; if anything he's actually less suited to this situation than he used to be when he was a more limited but more compact batsman[/B]. Certainly far from a mug though.
    Or he's just going to hit anyway

Certainly a far cry from this match saving innings, so far...

EDIT: Although tbf he hit two sixes there too. I remember it a lot differently to what it was it seems.

Thread Information