• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Sri Lanka 2012

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
They should just agree to give NZ half a win and let the Kiwis go home until a proper Test series can be scheduled.

Meridio

International Regular
And that's it. Worst tour ever?

Sucks that we had SL on the ropes today, though in saying that, I'm actually surprised that I'm not more annoyed than I am. Don't know whether that's a sign of my growing ambivalence towards ODIs or that I pretty much expected it to happen. Desperately hope the test series doesn't go the same way; probably wishful thinking though.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Well that was predictable. Good to see Southee and Boult hitting the right areas ahead of the first test though. Milne to take 500 test wickets at 22 with his blistering 103 kmh pace.

Blain

U19 Captain
That speed radar was terrible. It said Boult bowled a 63kph ball at one stage. Slowest opening bowling in any senior grade cricket ever?

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Very promosing spell by Milne. Still a bit erratic with the full tosses - but some genunine wicket taking deliveries in there and the wicket of Sanga.

I hope he develops into a legit limited overs bowler as his next step.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
he's just got to play more ODI's, T20's I think would only hurt his development.
True but it seems to be bad for everyone's development so who can play T20 cricket. Maybe we need a T20 attack of more mature seamers who aren't going to make the bcs test team.

Mills
Gillespie *
and McKay

*He is a contender but is finished his development.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
True but it seems to be bad for everyone's development so who can play T20 cricket. Maybe we need a T20 attack of more mature seamers who aren't going to make the bcs test team.

Mills
Gillespie *
and McKay

*He is a contender but is finished his development.
Only going to see that lineup if our management suddenly decides that chasing 200+ every time is a good plan

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Only going to see that lineup if our management suddenly decides that chasing 200+ every time is a good plan
Gillespie used to have a reputation of being the best death bowler on the list A circuit. People really rated his low full tosses.

McKay is quite a decent T20 player domestically.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Yeah, but they both bowl pretty gun barrel straight 140kph and we all know how well that works in internationals.

Last edited:

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Very promosing spell by Milne. Still a bit erratic with the full tosses - but some genunine wicket taking deliveries in there and the wicket of Sanga.

I hope he develops into a legit limited overs bowler as his next step.
I agree. His length was better than previous and the line of his deliveries was great. Got a few to move off the pitch and the Sangakara wicket was superb.

Flem274*

123/5
Late to the party but:

-Nicol's selection is strange. If they wanted the best available batsman who they didn't mind missing Shield cricket for their reserve, Sinclair was the best option.
-Time and again touring sides from NZ get trolled into playing two spinners in the subcontinent. New Zealand's best ever spinner is Vettori and Sri Lanka, India and Pakistan love playing spinners a lot more than they like pace. Playing both Astle and Jeets and leaving out a quick is suicide, and rest assured we're going to do it because conventional wisdom states you must play two spinners in the subcontinent. If we skittle Sri Lanka, it will be a quick(s) who do it, not spinners who struggle to take the wickets of New Zealand domestic batsmen.
-Every time a middle order bat opens for New Zealand a puppy dies. Every time it happens and an opener bats at three, there is plague in Africa.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
1st test starts tomorrow, and the forecast actually doesn't look too bad. :-O

McCullum, Guptill, Williamson, Taylor, Flynn, Franklin, van Wyk, Bracewell, Southee, Patel, Boult

Soooo, anyone seriously think it's worthwhile giving Tastle a run ahead of Dougeh?

BeeGee

International Captain
1st test starts tomorrow, and the forecast actually doesn't look too bad. :-O

McCullum, Guptill, Williamson, Taylor, Flynn, Franklin, van Wyk, Bracewell, Southee, Patel, Boult

Soooo, anyone seriously think it's worthwhile giving Tastle a run ahead of Dougeh?
No