• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Sri Lanka 2012

Howsie

International Captain
Urgh bedtime I think.

Nice little spell from Milne, good to see him getting the ball to move around a little bit.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Pace has taken the first four wickets. Sri Lanka just took 12 off a NMac over. Sri Lanka historically **** spin up.

Let's give Nicol a bowl!!111!

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
So on a pitch that has a fair bit in it for the seamers, Nicol comes on to bowl at 80/4. Ellis and Franklin twiddling their thumbs. He'll probably take one now but it seems extremely daft; I would've had Ellis or Franklin on before Nathan McCullum, even.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
What the **** I thought he (Nicol) was just been used as an end-changer or something. Please make me eat humble pie, fluke a wicket.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Stroke of good fortune there, those two were really starting to look settled. Time to bring Southee or Boult back.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Ha, clearly remember that. Was anti-McMillan at the time - he'd been pretty rubbish for a while iirc but had a privileged place in both the test and ODI sides (despite abysmal ODI record). Was even more anti-McMillan after he batted like this vs Warne.

Edit: Just looked it up and that was McMillan's second to last test.Can't believe that's already 7 years ago :blink:

Haha, and here's cricketweb for that series: http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/cricket-chat/11617-official-new-zealand-v-australia-180.html. Good post by Ed:

127/8. Oh dear.

Last edited:

thierry henry

International Coach
It's certainly ugly but I think his arm, although bent, doesn't straighten much. And if he is chucking it he could at least do us the service of chucking it at 140ks
I've slowly come to that conclusion as well, but jeez it looks awful. Can't believe no-one in an official capacity has mentioned it. I recall Simon Doull once mentioning Ellis' action in a very unsubtle manner during a domestic game.