• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Day/night Tests officially sanctioned by ICC

Spark

Global Moderator
http://www.icc-cricket.com/newsdetails.php?newsId=21937_1351511580

Whole bunch of changes here:

• Participating countries may agree to play day/night Test matches. The home and visiting boards will decide on the hours of play which will be six hours of scheduled play per day while the two boards will also decide on the precise brand, type and colour of ball to be used for the match.
  • Following any mode of dismissal that is not permitted off a no-ball and which is not the subject of an Umpire or Player Review, the third umpire shall, subject to the availability of suitable technology, immediately check the fairness of the delivery (foot-fault only). If the delivery was not a fair delivery, the third umpire shall advise the on-field umpire by two-way radio who should recall the dismissed batsman, indicate that the batsman is not out and signal no-ball.
  • Big change to ODI field restrictions - only four fielders allowed outside the circle in non-powerplay overs. During the powerplays only three fielders are allowed out. On the other hand, the bowling powerplay is gone - only the 10-over and batting powerplays.
  • Apparently the Super Over's official acronym is the OOPSE. No idea if this is new, but I did lol.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
excellent. i can go to the beach and shops in the morning and then watch some cricket

uvelocity

International Coach
actually the LBW DRS change is pretty interesting, probably will work better but at the same time be more confusing.

uvelocity

International Coach
WAC. for the thread:

Decision Review System (Tests and ODIs)

Clause 3.3 (ii) of Appendix 2, which deals with LBW protocols, has been amended and the margin of uncertainty applicable to the point of impact with the pad has been increased so that it is the same as provided for determining the projected point of impact with the stumps i.e. if the centre of the ball is shown to be impacting in line within an area demarcated by a line drawn down the middle of the outer stumps (and the bottom of the bails), then the decision will always be out.

If the whole of the ball is shown to be impacting outside the line of the stumps, then the decision will always be not out. If there is anything in between, the original on-field decision will stand.

As such, this clause will now read as follows: "If a 'not out' decision is being reviewed, in order to report that the point of impact is between wicket and wicket (i.e. in line with the stumps), the evidence provided by technology should show that the centre of the ball at the moment of interception is in line within an area demarcated by a line drawn below the lower edge of the bails and down the middle of the outer stumps.

"If an 'out' decision is being reviewed, in order to report that the point of impact is not between wicket and wicket (i.e. outside the line of the stumps), the evidence provided by technology should show that no part of the ball at the moment of interception is between wicket and wicket."

uvelocity

International Coach
much better change, really. Like those times where you just know it's hitting, it gets reviewed and the ball shows just clipping leg or some bull**** and gets overturned. not anymore.

but it will be trolled by two identical balls one overturned and one not. can see it a mile off.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
International Cricket Council - News

Whole bunch of changes here:

• Big change to ODI field restrictions - only four fielders allowed outside the circle in non-powerplay overs. During the powerplays only three fielders are allowed out. On the other hand, the bowling powerplay is gone - only the 10-over and batting powerplays.
every single ODI rule change that doesn't change stupid over restrictions deepens the wound

uvelocity

International Coach
I just had to get out of bed this is keeping me awake. yeah that is the way it is now. or was. it mustn't have been the same for hitting the pad though. and I just remembered that system sucks

It's been so long since I watched a match with drs I'd forgotten.