• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Day/night Tests officially sanctioned by ICC

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Australian tests going back a couple hours would be a killer for the English fans.
If anything it might help; they could get up a little early and catch the last session while they got ready for work. As it stands the eastern states Tests start at Midnight and finish at 7am for them; doesn't get much worse.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Maybe. But I'd much rather spend my christmas break watching the first session and snoozing off at 2am than getting up at 6:00am to watch the final session.

In fact on a normal weekday I'd actually rather just not watch the final session and watch the highlights when I get home. But I'm probably in the minority there :p

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Maybe. But I'd much rather spend my christmas break watching the first session and snoozing off at 2am than getting up at 6:00am to watch the final session.

In fact on a normal weekday I'd actually rather just not watch the final session and watch the highlights when I get home. But I'm probably in the minority there :p
If you're on break and can stay up till 2am then you can probably just go the whole hog and change your sleeping patterns entirely. Life can go do one.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Yeah, well that's what I do.

Normally I reckon more people stay up to watch the first part of the day than get up to watch the last part. But I could be wrong.