• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Day/night Tests officially sanctioned by ICC

Howe_zat

Audio File
No chance I'm bothering to learn what the fielding restrictions are any more. It's time I'll never get back and it'll be redundant in six months.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
New Rules said:
Dead ball (All formats)
The playing conditions have been altered to include the use of the Spydercam, a camera that moves over the field on suspended cables, by broadcasters. If the ball, while in play, is hit by the batsman onto the camera or its cables, it will be called a dead ball.
If this happens even once, then Spydercam needs to be buried deep. Deep at the bottom of the mid-Atlantic trench, never to be seen again.

The ODI fielding restrictions just makes the game even more farcical. Why have fielders at all? Why not replace all fielders with Cheerleaders and just let them gyrate their hips whilst batsmen thump the ball into the stands. ODIs need to die.

uvelocity

International Coach
on the lbw drs change, sleep made me see that they have made it even worse.

If a shout is given not out, and the fielders opt for a review, over half the ball has to be hitting the pad in the line of the middle of the stumps. it's not a situation where there is any prediction even. so more than 3/4 of the ball needs to be hitting the pad in line with the outer edge of the stumps to overturn. stupid imo.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I don't hate the rule, but think the fielding team definitely shouldn't lose a review if the ball clips even the absolute outside of leg stump.

Also, having both boards decide on the make of ball seems unusual, it could cause some issues. Reckon the home team should make the decision, unless of course the Bangladesh board decide to use a green Kabbadi ball or something.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
If this happens even once, then Spydercam needs to be buried deep. Deep at the bottom of the mid-Atlantic trench, never to be seen again.

The ODI fielding restrictions just makes the game even more farcical. Why have fielders at all? Why not replace all fielders with Cheerleaders and just let them gyrate their hips whilst batsmen thump the ball into the stands. ODIs need to die.
Happened a few days ago in the champions league FWIW. The commentators found it rather funny, but I don't think the batsmen did, who was denied 4 runs. And I don't think the Mumbai Indians found it funny either, in a game they lost by 5 runs.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I wouldn't mind seeing Tests here run til say 8 or 8:30 at night in the summer months. It's pretty much light til nearly 8pm over the Christmas-New Year period anyway.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Serious point, how many places will they actually be able to play a day night test without dew problems?
Nowhere I suspect. How bad are the due problems in England in the evening? I know test matches never start early here, if it's rained, because of dew in the morning, but since the days are long in June/July, maybe the dew wouldn't come into effect.

uvelocity

International Coach
I wouldn't mind seeing Tests here run til say 8 or 8:30 at night in the summer months. It's pretty much light til nearly 8pm over the Christmas-New Year period anyway.
i'm against it because the curtains would fade and the cows would be confused about milking time

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Australia play about every ODI as a day night game, even on weekends. So I'd imagine it wouldn't be too bad a problem there.

Last edited:

Spikey

Could cause problems on Thursdays though. I like my late-night shopping

Burgey

Yeah dew on the ground it's not a problem here in summer at all.

Last edited:

benchmark00

I haven't read the link posted because as state earlier I cbf clicking linx. But what time slot will the final session be played in? If they require the full use of the lights with the black sky background, with a red ball it won't be good for TV or spectators, as the ball will easily get lost in the sky.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
They'd use a pink ball I think. But to answer your question, the hours of play will be completely up to the boards.