• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Was there a post mortem/enquiry following England's whitewash to Pak?

ViruTheBest

Banned
I am just wondering if there was an official investigation. For example like the Schofield enquiry following England's drubbing in 06/07 to Aus?

I want to see the plans outlined.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
The Schofield review only happened because people got narked off with the performance about the series that more than just your average cricket fan will care about people who don't watch cricket quite frankly didn't give two hoots about the Pakistan series hell I didn't watch anything more than 2 hours throughout the whole thing (live) so the ECB wasn't going to start up a review.

That and the series doesn't compare as to the level of hammering we got down under nothing went right down there at all. This case it was just a batting **** up.

ViruTheBest

Banned
The Schofield review only happened because people got narked off with the performance about the series that more than just your average cricket fan will care about people who don't watch cricket quite frankly didn't give two hoots about the Pakistan series hell I didn't watch anything more than 2 hours throughout the whole thing (live) so the ECB wasn't going to start up a review.

That and the series doesn't compare as to the level of hammering we got down under nothing went right down there at all. This case it was just a batting **** up.
I find that quite ridiculous tbh, that the ECB would only launch an enquiry just for the public. In the Australia series you were faced with a far superior team on paper and on the pitch. They dominated everything because they really were that strong.

Against Pakistan you lost to a team that has a poor batting line up, two of their leading bowlers banned for match fixing, a team playing in neutral territory with not much emphasis on fitness or tactics. I think this loss was worse and I am surprised it has just been brushed aside.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Its the ECB been ridiculous is a speciality of their's. The loss to Australia was far worse because the team was totally hopeless out there even on past occasions it had never gone so badly.

The loss to Pakistan happened because of middle order **** ups we had 3 batsmen who did SFA all series in Bell Morgan and KP.

To call Pakistan's batting order poor is exaggeration it really isn't that bad Misbah and Younis are both quality player and Umar Akmal has a lot of talent.

They still had very good bowlers something Pakistan always seem to do is produce more than handy bowlers and they had been playing in the UAE for a few months by that point it was hardly a case of them not having played there before.

Kohli_fan

Banned
England got bundled out in that series when chasing just over 100, frankly that is a disgraceful performance.

Kohli was right in saying that England could not deal with their one class spinner in Ajmal. So that does not bode well for them against us at all.

All 3 warm up games will be on green tops so that will make it tough for them to get their eye in as it were.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
England got bundled out in that series when chasing just over 100, frankly that is a disgraceful performance.

Kohli was right in saying that England could not deal with their one class spinner in Ajmal. So that does not bode well for them against us at all.

All 3 warm up games will be on green tops so that will make it tough for them to get their eye in as it were.
For the record I've always thought it weird that people view games were teams dominate and then blow it at the end to be more humiliating than a thrashing from ball 1. At least when you dominate the early stages of a game, you show the capabilities to win the game. If you get hammered from the start it just shows hopelessness.

I don't know how anyone can say England's defeats in Abu Dhabi and the 3rd test in Dubai were more humiliating than the first test in Dubai, where they collapsed to a pitch offering literally no spin (at least it turned moderately at Abu Dhabi) in both innings and let players like Adnan Akmal score runs. But people always mention the last two tests because of being bowled out for 72 and losing despite bowling Pakistan out for 99.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!

No worse than letting a side score 700 and being humiliated by being skittled for less than 250 twice with supposedly the best batting line up in the world.

shankar

International Debutant

The fact that they are playing 3 warm-up games will make them infinitely more well-prepared than us regardless of the pitch.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The fact that they are playing 3 warm-up games will make them infinitely more well-prepared than us regardless of the pitch.
This, voice of reason. Not saying we are going to win ( I think we will lose ) but we should at least be prepared for the heat if nothing else so no excuses as far as I am concerned.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I think people are also forgetting how valuable time at the middle and confidence can be. Irrespective of the pitch or bowlers.

Kohli_fan

Banned
Yeah look mate conditions mean a great deal to be perfectly honest if we played a warm up game on a rank turner in England and Ashwin took loads of poles no one would automatically assume he is going to be the main threat with the ball come the tests once we start playing on green tops in England.