Cricket Player Manager
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Was there a post mortem/enquiry following England's whitewash to Pak?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabinet96 View Post
    First of all, it's hardly cut in stone that he is England's best players. Secondly, he didn't say he preferred the atmosphere playing for Delhi, he said the South African crowds were less hostile to him when he was playing for Delhi
    He is easily your best player to be fair the one guy who can win a match anywhere in the world on his own back! The rest of your batters Cook etc can save games but KP is your match winner

The exact quote from KP was "The atmosphere is better playing for Delhi Daredevils than for England."

The journalist says the same as you but that is purely down to interpretation, we can only really go on the quote and KP has indeed he prefer the atmosphere when playing for the Daredevils.

Kevin Pietersen Quotes | Cricket Quotes | ESPN Cricinfo

Quote Originally Posted by Kohli_fan View Post
    He is easily your best player to be fair the one guy who can win a match anywhere in the world on his own back! The rest of your batters Cook etc can save games but KP is your match winner

The exact quote from KP was "The atmosphere is better playing for Delhi Daredevils than for England."

The journalist says the same as you but that is purely down to interpretation, we can only really go on the quote and KP has indeed he prefer the atmosphere when playing for the Daredevils.

Yeah, because only batsmen can win matches clearly.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

He is easily your best player to be fair the one guy who can win a match anywhere in the world on his own back!
    2nd Test: England v India at Nottingham, Jul 29-Aug 1, 2011 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

No. The journalist knows the question that was asked to KP, and the things he said before and after that. He, unlike you, is using the context to summarise what KP meant.

And weren't you told by a Mod to not post quotes out of context?
    Last edited by Cabinet96; 31-10-2012 at 04:14 PM.
    RIP Philip Hughes - 1988-2014

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabinet96 View Post
    2nd Test: England v India at Nottingham, Jul 29-Aug 1, 2011 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

No. The journalist knows the question that was asked to KP, and the things he said before and after that. He, unlike you, is using the context to summarise what KP meant.

And weren't you told by a Mod to not post quotes out of context?

"I prefer the atmosphere playing for Delhi than England" which part of that quote suggests he does not prefer the atmosphere of playing for Delhi?

The mod made some constructive points earlier, look I do not really agree with him, to be quite frank the Haydos quote was not really out of context. the fact of the matter is even if he was responding to what Anderson said about off field issues, calling some a "B Grade bowler" is clearly talking about Anderson's bowling ability rather than some silly alleged spat in the locker room.

He didn't say he preferred the atmosphere. He was asked whether the crowds were less hostile, and he said it was better (I.e they were less hostile) playing for Delhi.

Not sure I'd have Pietersen in my top five current England players. He probably would sneak in there actually - at fifth.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09

Quote Originally Posted by John Singleton
    Recognition of Property Rights in material objects is the recognition of a manís right to exist; his right to pursue his own goals in his own manner at his own discretion with what is rightfully his to command. Just as the Right to Life is the right to the property of oneís own person, so the right to own material products is the right to sustain oneís life and to keep the results of oneís own efforts.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information