• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Money from India

say2chintu

Cricket Spectator
"Cricket Australia has announced a $41 million rise in operating result due to India touring for last summer's Test & odi series. Its contract with Indian broadcaster ESPN Star Sports is the most lucrative source of revenue to cricket in Australia, easily exceeding the money Nine pays to cover the game"

Thats almost like saying they make more in 1 year from India tour than other 3 years combined! Is it true? Pretty good reason to be on BCCI side then :p

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Eventually though it becomes a question of if they're trying to make money in order to grow the game in Australia, or if they're trying to grow the game in Australia in order to make money.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
The fact that CA runs at a loss in many of those other years in knowledge of their funds from India will come suggests that they are still using that cash to reinvest wherever possible.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
think you'll find they're trying to grow the game in Australia in order to make money so they can grow the game.

Spooony

Banned
SA get $123 from Newscorp for the rugby. Australia get $84mil and last time I rugby is even less supported than cricket in Australia.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I don't think he's being serious. Particularly considering he's from South Africa which has a GDP far smaller than India.

smash84

The Tiger King
I don't know if you are trying to be funny there. You know the owner of Mumbai Indians? His net worth alone runs into tens of billions of dollars. Search the ****ing web before exposing your ignorance.
lol....true

It might actually be the case that the wealth of the 1000 richest Indians might actually be greater than South Africa's GDP

Spooony

Banned
I don't know if you are trying to be funny there. You know the owner of Mumbai Indians? His net worth alone runs into tens of billions of dollars. Search the ****ing web before exposing your ignorance.
2012 World’s Most Valuable Sports Teams

#1 Manchester United

Value: $2.23 billion
Owner: Glazer family
#2 Real Madrid

Value: $1.88 billion
Owner: Club members
#3= New York Yankees

Value: $1.85 billion
Owner: Steinbrenner family
#3= Dallas Cowboys

Value: $1.85 billion
Owner: Jerry Jones
#5 Washington Redskins

Value: $1.56 billion
Owner: Daniel Snyder
#6 Los Angeles Dodgers

Value: $1.4 billion
Owner: Guggenheim Baseball
#6 New England Patriots

Value: $1.4 billion
Owner: Robert Kraft
#8 Barcelona

Value: $1.31 billion
#9 New York Giants

Value: $1.3 billion
Owners: John Mara and Steven Tisch
#10 Arsenal

Value: $1.29 billion
Owner: Stan Kroenke
#11 Bayern Munich

Value: $1.23 billion
#12 New York Jets

Value: $1.23 billion
Owner: Robert Wood Johnson
#13 Houston Texans

Value: $1.2 billion
Owner: Robert McNair
#14 Philadelphia Eagles

Value: $1.16 billion
Owner: Jeffrey Lurie
#15 Ferrari

Value: $1.1 billion
Owner: Fiat Group
#16 Chicago Bears

Value: $1.09 billion
Owner: McCaskey family
#17 Green Bay Packers

Owner: Shareholder-owned
#18 Baltimore Ravens

Owner: Stephen Bisciotti
#19 Indianapolis Colts

Value: $1.06 billion
Owner: Jim Irsay

#20 Denver Broncos

Value: $1.05 billion
Owner: Patrick Bowlen

#21 Pittsburgh Steelers

Value: $1.02 billion
Owners: Daniel Rooney, Art Rooney II

#22 Miami Dolphins

Value: $1.01 billion
Owner: Stephen Ross

Do not confuse the value of a franchise with a billionaires networth as Mukesh Ambani owns Reliance Industries. GDP excludes the value of all the activities that take place outside of the market place such as free leisure activities and organized crime.....

India's GDP is $3500 and I was asking as there is about 25 guys worth billions in india and its normally gross divided by total population. So that 3500 is actually that amount thanks to 25 rich guys.

But before you being a **** and to get back on topic it is all about selling the rights of the games to Indian broadcaster which I think Neo or something is usually the front runners. I wanted to know how many rupees it is because they payed Rs2000 crore for the Indian teams rights at home which was cancelled

Spooony

Banned
lol....true

It might actually be the case that the wealth of the 1000 richest Indians might actually be greater than South Africa's GDP
you have no clue what GDP is as it comes it different shapes and sizes. And De Beers alone makes more than all your billionaires combined

smash84

The Tiger King
you have no clue what GDP is as it comes it different shapes and sizes. And De Beers alone makes more than all your billionaires combined
:lol:

your comments are getting hilariously stupid.

First you mention GDP and then bring out GDP per capita and then I have no clue as to what GDP is 8-)

Also debeers makes like $8 billion a year (in 2011) which is significantly less than Ambani's own fortune or Mittal's.

So stop pulling stuff out of your arse if you are being called out for spewing junk

Last edited:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
The economics in this thread makes me cringe.

India's GDP, adjusted to reflect PPP, is $4.515 trillion. It's the fourth largest in the world.
2011 growth rate: 7.2% (26th)
GDP per capita, adjusted for PPP, which you have been mistakenly referring to as GDP, is $3700 (~126th)
GINI coefficient is 36.8 (79th; higher rank = more equal distribution)

South Africa's GDP (PPP) is $562.2 billion (26th).
Growth rate is 3.1% (119th)
GDP per capita (PPP) is $11,100 (119th)
GINI Index: 65 (2nd)

Everything is US dollars, naturally.

FTR, De Beers' pretax profit was $1.27 billion in 2011.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Seriously this thread isn't for dick waving how much richer your country is than some sports team so get back on topic you ridiculous colonials.