• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in Bangladesh 2012

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Neither of these sides need a deteriorating pitch to chuck it away.
Exactly. They don't exactly need good opposition bowling either. Ramdin may have scored a ton in the first innings but he's having epic nosebleeds at six and the West Indies frankly picked a pretty ridiculous lineup, while Bangladesh are.. Bangladesh. Still tipping a draw, but nothing particularly unusual has to happen for either team to win.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I wonder if Sammy will be brave enough to declare at some point early on day 5 if he needs to. The Tamim factor could make him a little cautious but yeah it would setup the match awesomely if Bangladesh need say 300 from 80 or so overs.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hope people are seeing how ridiculous West Indies' declaration was - not that it will stop teams doing it again.

Lets see if Bangladesh can even take the lead tomorrow. They probably should just going by stats and so on - but then again it *is* Bangladesh.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
I wonder if Sammy will be brave enough to declare at some point early on day 5 if he needs to. The Tamim factor could make him a little cautious but yeah it would setup the match awesomely if Bangladesh need say 300 from 80 or so overs.
I'm assuming we'll last one session more but it depends on how long this partnership remains tact. If W.I. comes out to bat in Session 2, I think Gayle will play a huge role in setting up the declaration. If he blasts a more than 150 SR Hundred, then we might be in danger having to bat around or more than 2.5 session in day 5.

Cricket CoachDB

U19 Debutant
Does anyone know why Mortaza isn't involved? Is it simply that he isn't fit enough yet for the longer formats-will he ever be, or is he effectively a one-day/T20 only player now?

Also surprised that Shafiul Islam isn't playing, he always looks decent to me.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Does anyone know why Mortaza isn't involved? Is it simply that he isn't fit enough yet for the longer formats-will he ever be, or is he effectively a one-day/T20 only player now?

Also surprised that Shafiul Islam isn't playing, he always looks decent to me.
Mash isn't fully fit yet to play longer version. Shane Jurgensen mentioned he's working really hard with him to bring him back to tests soon

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Well done Bangaldesh, this is the first time they've reached 500 in an innings playing Test Cricket.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Didn't know where to post this, but this summer in the Aus vs SA, Eng vs Ind and this game we have seen 31 wickets fall for 2591 runs. That's an average of close to 84 runs per wicket.

I want to see wickets!

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Didn't know where to post this, but this summer in the Aus vs SA, Eng vs Ind and this game we have seen 31 wickets fall for 2591 runs. That's an average of close to 84 runs per wicket.

I want to see wickets!
Might fall plenty tomorrow :ph34r:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member

I want to see wickets!
Show some patience, New Zealand play tomorrow.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Show some patience, New Zealand play tomorrow.
Can always count on NZ! Hopefully there isn't any rain.

Gayle out with WI still trailing. With such a long tail things could get interesting IF and its a big IF Chanderpaul fails.

Last edited: