• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in Bangladesh 2012

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Bangaz :cool: Finally pushing Mahmudullah up. Result.
Nasir should bat down the order where he's good at. Mahmudullah should come at 3 or at worst 4. When Shakib's back:

cnerd123

likes this
Sorry dude but if they didn't score the run as a captain you are within your rights to fight to the end. They only needed two wickets so they could have come back. From the sounds of things you should blame the umpires if anything.

Academic now though
Definitely within your rights, but in very poor taste and spirit. It's not like that run was the biggest factor in deciding the result of the game, so much so you had to get in cancelled. Top order failed, support bowlers failed, sloppy fielding, all lead to WI's loss. BD were the better team on the day. Should have just let them have their run and have their moment. Dick move to make them do it again. As if there was actually a realistic chance for them to win if that one run was cancelled.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Definitely within your rights, but in very poor taste and spirit. It's not like that run was the biggest factor in deciding the result of the game, so much so you had to get in cancelled. Top order failed, support bowlers failed, sloppy fielding, all lead to WI's loss. BD were the better team on the day. Should have just let them have their run and have their moment. Dick move to make them do it again. As if there was actually a realistic chance for them to win if that one run was cancelled.
I agree with you on most of this post but I don't agree with just 'letting them have their run'. Thats rubbish, you fight to the end no matter what. I like to see a desire to win no matter the circumstances from a side.

cnerd123

likes this
Agree to disagree then. I personally find such behaviour childish and as bad sportsmanship.

If there was a realistic chance of reversing the result by having that run cancelled (like if it happened in the last over of the match, or with 1 wicket left and 2 absolute tailenders on strike), then I'd understand. But not in this case.

Challis

U19 12th Man
Surely it wasn't just about getting the run cancelled but also about the possibility of bowling BD out and tieing the game; Nasir could have slashed and edged the re-played ball and got caught and then then Shafiul could get out without scoring, improbable but not impossible, so I think WI were well in their rights to ask for the that ball to be played again. It was very amateurish of Sunny not to complete the run and then celebrate. Could have been very costly.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Bit of a Kieswetter innings from West Indies so far. Lots of 4s and 6s but the run rate is fairly mediocre.
When you look at the batting lineup, it's not really unexpected. Very boundary-reliant team in general. Some of them are pretty good at making it come off anyway but it means the standard deviation in their innings scores is going to be pretty wide in general.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
don't know what to say by looking at the scorecard other than lolling at Rubel and good batting practice by Tamim and co.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Very pleased to see Bangladesh's performance in the ODI series...I was not surprised that they won but pleasantly surprised that they managed to finish the 5th game..

To keep Chris Gayle quiet for an entire series in this fashion..when he has plundered the overhyped and overrated bowlers of Australia and Sri Lanka is a tremendous effort indeed.

But the best thing to come out of this series for Bangladesh is Sohag Gazi.. They really needed a spinner apart from Shakib and for a change..a spinner who is not a left arm spinner for Bangladesh.
Tremendous tremendous bowler.. far far ahead of the Ashwins and the Lyons of the world but no one will notice him or talk about him because he does not play for England, Australia or India..if he was playing for those teams, he would have had a couple of appreciation threads by now on Cricket Chat.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I know that song off by heart after ads containing it were played to death on my 'tv' over the last 12 months.
Haha yeah same, mentioned it in the thread earlier. It's not even in English and I still know it.
After listening to the godawful commentary, this follows. FML. :(
:laugh: So true.

It usually is followed by this ad of a bloke catching a gridiron ball in front of soccer goals advertising multi vitamins. Can't remember the name.