Page 35 of 49 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official*** West Indies in Bangladesh 2012

International 12th Man AndyZaltzHair's Avatar
    bowl six straight deliveries to Raqibul, he'll miss one

Originally Spoken by Brendon McCullum
    You have got to earn the right to be aggressive.

I was hoping betting sites would have gone off WI by now, but nope they are still short priced favourites at $1.34.

Just on Razzak, no thanks re: Tests. He doesn't do enough and is well down the pecking order. Good ODI bowler though.

School Boy/Girl Captain Challis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Yeah I don't think it's completely beyond the realms of possibility to suggest Razzak could improve upon his Test record to date, but when someone like Sunny can't get a game there's just no need to go there. Spin stocks are well covered for without trying to turn Razzak into something he's not.
    Also someone as good as Enamul Haque Jr can't get in to the squad, he's currently in beast mode in the NCL. In fact I read in another forum that several successful batsmen from the NCL regarded Enamul as the most threatening spinner in this and the past few seasons. Saqlain Sajib, Sohag Gazi and Noor Hossain Munna were also rated highly

Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    Raqibul Hasan.

He's a good bat. I'd like to see him back in this side sometime in the future. The middle order is still weak in Tests.
    No, No, No with a capital N. You have to get with the times, there is no place for someone like Raqibul Hasan in any format. A Test average under 20 and a first class average under 30 is very poor even by BD standards. I genuinely would prefer Ashraful to him, and that's saying something. There are many up and coming batsmen better than both.
    Also the middle order is probably the strongest part of the BD line-up; it consists of Naeem, Shakib, Mushfiqur, Nasir and Riyad

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    I was hoping betting sites would have gone off WI by now, but nope they are still short priced favourites at $1.34.
    WI will be more suited to Mirpur Dhaka than Khulna (and Chittagong). It's where the infamous 58 and 78 all out from the World Cup occurred. There will be something there for the fast bowlers, not huge but just enough to trouble the BD batsmen. However BD did beat India and Sri Lanka and had two narrow losses against Pakistan in the Asia cup so they may feel that they can perform well there too.

State Vice-Captain
    Raqibul's barely played enough to judge him fairly.

He's always looked a good batsman. It's just a matter of screwing his head on straight and scoring the runs.

Naeem's alright, but I'm not convinced he's Test quality. Will only be able to tell after a few more matches.

We need a solid number 3 tho. Raqibul could do that. Not advocating picking him right away, but somewhere down the line.

School Boy/Girl Captain Challis's Avatar
    Raqibul neither has the technique or attitude to survive at international level. I remember reading about him boasting to a journalist how he scored a pretty 40 odd in a practice match against a touring side and asked the journalist why didn't he write about it. I'm confident he won't play for BD at international level in any format again.
    Last edited by Challis; 04-12-2012 at 10:33 AM.

State Vice-Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Challis View Post
    Raqibul neither has the technique or attitude to survive at international level. I remember reading about him boasting to a journalist how he scored a pretty 40 odd in a practice match against a touring side and asked the journalist why didn't he write about it. I'm confident he won't play for BD at international level in any format again.
    Raqibul's techniques okay. He looks good. Bit flashy and goes for his shots, but you expect that of a BD player.

Attitude and temperament, that's why he's not playing for them atm. But I do believe he has the talent to get back into the playing XI if he gets his act together.

International 12th Man AndyZaltzHair's Avatar
    Raqibul works hard but sadly he doesn't have the mentality to succeed at this level

I really liked Raqibul the first few times I saw him bat; his footwork around off stump and willingness to actually use the crease and get back to the quicks really impressed me. I thought he'd be Bangladesh's long term #4 in Test cricket.

He seems like a complete dickhead though to put it bluntly - "very immature" to be kind - which probably explains why most of his best innings against good attacks have come in warmup matches and the like which don't actually count. He freezes in the spotlight.
    ~ Cribbage ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

U19 Debutant
    Raqubul Hasan . Maybe Aftab Ahmed and Imrul Kayes can come back too.

Spinners are doing well today.

I put two bets on today's matches which I thought with quite generous odds, I felt.

Over 3.5 runs in the first innings of the match @ 2.06 - thanks Amanul
    No 100 scored in the first innings @ 1.48

State Vice-Captain
    Narine finally picks up some wickets. Not a good sign for the rest of the series for BD if Narine finds in form.

How does the pitch look like? Is it spinner a lot? What would be a defendable score?

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    What did Bishoo do to deserve the boot in ODIs?

State Vice-Captain
    Loss of form IIRC.

Good little recovery there

Quote Originally Posted by CricAddict View Post
    Good little recovery there
    And there it goes..

Page 35 of 49 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread Information