• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in Bangladesh 2012

cnerd123

likes this
This is not a ****ing T20 Mahmadullah

Keep your head down and bat out the innings.

I swear if you get out for 35 off 20 or something I will bitchslap you.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
This is not a ****ing T20 Mahmadullah

Keep your head down and bat out the innings.

I swear if you get out for 35 off 20 or something I will bitchslap you.
Haha he's not playing big heaves though; these are just lovely cricket shots to poor balls.

cnerd123

likes this
It's the adrenaline I think. They're too excited, scoring as fast as they can as a result.

Or maybe they felt batting defensively didn't work for them last game, the on this pitch some balls are just too good for the batsmen. So just hit what you can hit till you get a jaffa.

Maybe the don't want to leave it for a pressure filled last 10 overs, do it as fast as they can?

I don't know. But ****, this scares me. I feel a few quiet overs and then one of these two will go and do something stupid.

Please stay calm. I beg you. Defend, nurdle, take your time. Please.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It's the adrenaline I think. They're too excited, scoring as fast as they can as a result.

Or maybe they felt batting defensively didn't work for them last game, the on this pitch some balls are just too good for the batsmen. So just hit what you can hit till you get a jaffa.

Maybe the don't want to leave it for a pressure filled last 10 overs, do it as fast as they can?
It's none of those things ffs; the scoring has been fast because the West Indies have bowled absolute pies for the entirety of the partnership and the batsmen have rightly taken advantage. We haven't seen any wild swipes or heaves; we've seen the West Indies bowl short and wide on a slow pitch and get rightly punished. They're playing playing the bowling on its merits.

The batsmen need to prepared to face a few quiet overs if the bowling gets better, which it probably will, so they need to make sure they don't get carried away. But there's no point in letting freebies go by for the sake of it; the bad balls have been coming and they've put them away.

As I type Mushfiqur plays a poor shot and perhaps he does need to calm down a little here but the early runs in this partnership were largely the result of gifts.

cnerd123

likes this
Mullah doesn't have a very good orthodox technique...but he hits the ball so well. And solid in defence.

Looks good when he's batting well.

smash84

The Tiger King
will be a tough ask for the bangers in a pressure game I reckon
maybe it is still early enough to take my words back :p

the bangers really turning it on.

Looks like Kemar Roach has turned into Kumar Roach (bowler imported from the Indian team atm :ph34r:)

cnerd123

likes this
maybe it is still early enough to take my words back :p

the bangers really turning it on.

Looks like Kemar Roach has turned into Kumar Roach (bowler imported from the Indian team atm :ph34r:)
**** off jinxer

Big wicket. Not a smart shot. Why are they still attacking?

Sigh.

Nasir Hossain in next I think.

The pressure is intense.

Please don't lose this :(