• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in Bangladesh 2012

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
BD shouldnt lose hope..they still have Marmadoola, Gazi and Sunny to come..but this partnership should atleast get a 100 to have any chance of winning..

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
what a ****** unpredictable team

been vocal about a batting consultant before the start of series. You can't run a national team with only bowling coaches. Naeem by no means a shorter version player. He was dropped for good, don't have a clue why he was brought back into ODIs. Mahmudullah please grow some ***** and move up the order.

fielding has been dire throughout the test series and ODI series. Only players have themselves to blame that with such a young team, they can't improve this aspect of the game. Jason Swift needs to go, fielding standard has gone lower and lower.

I get a feeling Mominul is not ready yet for International level, he needs to groom more in FC and Academy level.

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
Top order implosions. Happen too often. Sigh :(

If Naeem is good enough for Tests, he's good enough for ODIs. All he has to do is stabalise. If he can grind out a ton in Tests, he can bat out 10-15 overs in ODIs. Although clearly he isn't doing that.

Sigh :(

Best time ever for Mahmadullah to get his first ODI ton tho.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
So thats that. Was quite a tricky pitch to bat on this. Good effort from Mahmadullah, but he should really bat higher up the order. Couple of questionable decisions at the end, but no drs so whatever.

Feel like it was really Bangladesh's catching which cost them this match. Anything over 150 was always going to be tough to chase on this wicket

All to play for tommorow, hope Bangers win it although I'm a Windies fan. Their supporters deserve a home series win

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
2-2 series level, it's impossible for us to come back now.

Food for thought after the series:

Mahmudullah should move to no.4.

Give Mahmudullah captaincy for a long period. The guy has been vice captain for some time now.

Enough of interim things and all. Two comprehensive wins in first two games don't take away the fact how poor Mushfiq's captaincy been in the past.

Saqlain's contract should be expanded for long period as spin department is doing good.

Find a batting coach; not compulsory to go for a big name but rather someone who can gel the team together and will be inspirational.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
In Tests it doesn't matter as much, but in ODI cricket you really do need to get your best batsmen in the top four. The innings is lost when Mahmudullah comes in at 13/5 and it's not like he's actually suited to being an ODI finisher anyway.

cnerd123

likes this
I'm sad

:(

Mushfiq's captaincy has been good. It's BD. Forgive him.

Batting has been unstable. Fielding unusually sloppy.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
I'm sad

:(

Mushfiq's captaincy has been good. It's BD. Forgive him.

Batting has been unstable. Fielding unusually sloppy.
You will win tommorow mate, don't worry

Just need to hold those catches. Should never have let WI get past 200.

cnerd123

likes this
Not like there's anything I can do about their performances. Not in the playing XI, not in the coaching staff, not even in BD so I can go to the nets and volunteer to give them throwdowns.

Sigh. BD cricket, false dawn followed by crushing disappoint. 2 steps forward and 3 steps back.

Challis

U19 12th Man
Thankfully I missed this game I don't think I would have survived.
Mahmadullah Riyad needs to take some responsibility and bat up the order, it's ridiculous that when the score is 3-4 and 4-7 Nasir and Mominul are sent ahead of someone who has played four times as many games as those two combined.
Riyad is the Vice-Captain so if he wanted to bat up the order I'm sure management wouldn't have a problem with it, but like AZK mentioned he himself is happy to bat at 7/8. Long-term in ODIs I think Shakib at 3, Mushy at 4 and Riyad at 5 followed by Nasir and Mominul would be best. For tomorrow Riyad could bat 3, 4 or 5 as long as it's ahead of Nasir and Mominul.