• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in Bangladesh 2012

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah I can see why AZH thought Amanul should have played the last Test ahead of Nazimuddin, surely will play in Bang's next test whenever that is.

Looks a great wicket for batting though, they'll need close to 300 you would think.

cnerd123

likes this
One problem BD has is that they lack big-hitting firepower to capitalise on such good starts. They don't have anyone who can come in and go for the big hits and clear the fence regularly, a power hitter like Pollard, Yuvraj, Dhoni, Pathan, Perera, etc. A big powerful hitter. They need one of those. Ziaur Rahman is the closes they have to one. And Mortaza I guess.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
One problem BD has is that they lack big-hitting firepower to capitalise on such good starts. They don't have anyone who can come in and go for the big hits and clear the fence regularly, a power hitter like Pollard, Yuvraj, Dhoni, Pathan, Perera, etc. A big powerful hitter. They need one of those. Ziaur Rahman is the closes they have to one. And Mortaza I guess.
Abul Hasan :ph34r:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Agree with this although Abul Hasan could be a handy option.

Daemon

Excellent knock. Can't deny that he was batting solely for his hundred when on 90-99 though which may have cost them a few runs. Soon as he got there he's hit 20 runs in 6 balls.

Challis

U19 12th Man
Excellent knock. Can't deny that he was batting solely for his hundred when on 90-99 though which may have cost them a few runs. Soon as he got there he's hit 20 runs in 6 balls.
that just looked like nerves to me, if he tries to hit out the likely scenario could have been him getting out in the 90's then a mini collapse and BD ending on around 265. He tried to get there in singles and was a bit unlucky that he was mistiming his shots but once he got to his 100 you could see he was relaxed and found it easy to hit out. That 120 is the 6th highest in ODIs by a BD batsman and the 2nd highest against a top 8 team. Mominul's cameo was impressive too, I think he will be a quality middle order batsman for BD, he had no trouble being aggressive, kinda the opposite of Mahmadullah Riyad

Last edited:

Daemon

Wonder if Gayle will get out to Gazi again. Would be the 4th time in 6 innings iirc

cnerd123

likes this
Mortaza, WAG. Whacked on the foot, then whacked for a six, then a four, then another four, but sticks to his guns and gets Gayle out.

Looking good for BD atm.