Cricket Player Manager
Page 24 of 49 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 346 to 360 of 730

Thread: ***Official*** West Indies in Bangladesh 2012

  1. #346
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,157
    Where does cricket stand in the 'most popular sport' list in Bangladesh?
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

    Thanks.

  2. #347
    International 12th Man AndyZaltzHair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,707
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Where does cricket stand in the 'most popular sport' list in Bangladesh?
    no.1 by a mile

    back in 80s it was probably football, in 90s esp after ICC Champions Trophy win, cricket has really taken over
    Last edited by AndyZaltzHair; 24-11-2012 at 06:25 AM.
    Originally Spoken by Brendon McCullum
    You have got to earn the right to be aggressive.

  3. #348
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    55,685
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Where does cricket stand in the 'most popular sport' list in Bangladesh?
    Second behind Aussie Rules football

  4. #349
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,157
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyZaltzHair View Post
    no.1 by a mile
    So is it just because there's not enough money in grass roots cricket over there?


  5. #350
    Cricketer Of The Year Xuhaib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    9,508
    is it me or Shakib seldom makes an impact when the game is online 12 months from now people will look at this game and use all sorts off adjective what a warrior, lone fighter based on stats however he picked his wickets when Windies were already 200 ahead and got his runs when the result was close to formality. Once again he gets out when BD was developing an outside chance of saving the game.
    Last edited by Xuhaib; 24-11-2012 at 06:38 AM.

  6. #351
    International Regular NasserFan207's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    3,886
    Gotta say, Narine really isn't a test match bowler yet. He needs to find a county and play a season of FC stuff IMHO, and work out how to bowl in longer formats. He has the skills, but he's so inexperienced in this format. He's been playing limited overs almost since birth
    Batsman I tolerate: V. Richards, S. Tendulkar, E. Morgan, N. Hussain. KEVIN O F******* BRIEN

  7. #352
    State Vice-Captain Beamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,013
    Tino Best = hero! Bowling quick with a grade 2 hamstring tear. He's been so impressive since he returned to the side. Fair play to him.

    If he is injured we should replace him with one of the young quicks for the ODIs. I would fly Delorn Johnson in personally, but they might go for Cotterel instead.

  8. #353
    International 12th Man AndyZaltzHair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,707
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    So is it just because there's not enough money in grass roots cricket over there?
    the real cricket that is with a genuine cricket ball and all the gears is still being played at mostly city areas. In rural areas, it's mostly played with tennis ball and stuff as the gears are pretty much expensive and many can't afford it. Many local clubs also can't provide sufficient necessities or don't have enough funds to improve the standard of cricket locally. The board talks about spreading cricket and assist however they can but it never happens. Also the structure of school cricket is pretty weak compared to other Test Nations; and many here calls National League as serious as picnic cricket
    Last edited by AndyZaltzHair; 24-11-2012 at 07:07 AM.

  9. #354
    International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Not really needed on CW
    Posts
    13,082
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    So is it just because there's not enough money in grass roots cricket over there?
    Their FC structure has only been in place slightly before they were brought into Test cricket iirc

  10. #355
    International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Mrs Miggins pie shop
    Posts
    12,034
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib View Post
    is it me or Shakib seldom makes an impact when the game is online 12 months from now people will look at this game and use all sorts off adjective what a warrior, lone fighter based on stats however he picked his wickets when Windies were already 200 ahead and got his runs when the result was close to formality. Once again he gets out when BD was developing an outside chance of saving the game.
    beginning to agree with you. All his best perfomances come in lost causes and as I said a couple of days ago he hasn't had the same edge to his game when being helped out by more of the rest of the team instead of being a one man band. He is still a young man though and the fact he lost the captaincy might still be bothering him a touch so we both might be being too harsh on the guy.

  11. #356
    Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    England
    Posts
    57,896
    Quote Originally Posted by NasserFan207 View Post
    Gotta say, Narine really isn't a test match bowler yet. He needs to find a county and play a season of FC stuff IMHO, and work out how to bowl in longer formats. He has the skills, but he's so inexperienced in this format. He's been playing limited overs almost since birth
    Why should any county take him on? Would be missing half the start because of the IPL as well.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

    Anyone want to join the Society?

    Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

  12. #357
    Hall of Fame Member grecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    RIP
    Posts
    15,833
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178 View Post
    Why should any county take him on? Would be missing half the start because of the IPL as well.
    Yeah would be a disastrous pick for anyone.

    On Shakib, it's true isn't it, when you've built a reputation, people will want to knock it down. He's still one of the finest all-rounders in the world (in an admittedly ****ty field), yet it always seems his performances are the ones singled out to be poor in a banga side that struggles, on it's best day, for mediocrity.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

  13. #358
    International Regular NasserFan207's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    3,886
    Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    Yeah would be a disastrous pick for anyone.

    On Shakib, it's true isn't it, when you've built a reputation, people will want to knock it down. He's still one of the finest all-rounders in the world (in an admittedly ****ty field), yet it always seems his performances are the ones singled out to be poor in a banga side that struggles, on it's best day, for mediocrity.
    Rubbish, he's one of the most prized limited over bowlers in world cricket. Any county would take him on purely for that reason tbh

  14. #359
    International Regular NasserFan207's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    3,886
    So easy win then. Been a pretty good series for the Windies, pretty much everything went well apart from Narine

    Tino has been brilliant, Bangers couldn't handle genuine pace
    Last edited by NasserFan207; 24-11-2012 at 11:19 PM.

  15. #360
    International 12th Man AndyZaltzHair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,707
    we have so much to learn

Page 24 of 49 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 175
    Last Post: 29-05-2012, 10:07 PM
  2. *Official* South Africa in West Indies
    By James in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 1175
    Last Post: 04-07-2010, 07:37 PM
  3. *** Official*** Bangladesh in 2010
    By cricman in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 16-12-2009, 03:51 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •