• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in Bangladesh 2012

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
yeah Best has been awesome throughout the series, bowled with lot of fire and aggression. Chanders was vintage as always, Samuels picked up a huge double, it was a great team effort overall by Windies.

as for our case, it's same old story of lacking temperament, concentration etc etc. Top order has been dire throughout and bowling as usual lacked penetration. Some positives are Gazi bowled well in patches and Nasir has shown somewhat good form missing out on century twice.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Well done WI, I put $ on WI in each Test, got them at like $1.73 this Test so I'm happy with what I thought was a predictable result.

Abul Hasan now averages 120, if Shahadat gets fit, I wonder if he'll ever play another Test match? Would be kind of funny if he didn't with his average, although not too many people think of
Andy Ganteaume when thinking of high averages.

Anyway, moving forward Nasir has surely earned himself a promotion. I would be dropping Nazimuddin and Nafees who is extremely suspect against the short ball. I would like to see AZH's tip Anamul given a game and an extra bowler (Sunny) to come in as Bangladesh clearly struggled to take the wickets.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Well done WI, I put $ on WI in each Test, got them at like $1.73 this Test so I'm happy with what I thought was a predictable result.

Abul Hasan now averages 120, if Shahadat gets fit, I wonder if he'll ever play another Test match? Would be kind of funny if he didn't with his average, although not too many people think of
Andy Ganteaume when thinking of high averages.

Anyway, moving forward Nasir has surely earned himself a promotion. I would be dropping Nazimuddin and Nafees who is extremely suspect against the short ball. I would like to see AZH's tip Anamul given a game and an extra bowler (Sunny) to come in as Bangladesh clearly struggled to take the wickets.
think it's end of road for Nazimuddin/Nafees/Junaid, they were given plenty of chances and made little use of those. Now atleast they can't say they weren't provided opportunities and stuffs like those and to be somewhat fair to selection panel, they now can move forward with a clear view as well. I really hope Anamul now performs in International Level, been supporting him forever. Probably he'll open in ODIs, looking forward to it.

African Monkey

U19 Vice-Captain
think it's end of road for Nazimuddin/Nafees/Junaid, they were given plenty of chances and made little use of those. Now atleast they can't say they weren't provided opportunities and stuffs like those and to be somewhat fair to selection panel, they now can move forward with a clear view as well. I really hope Anamul now performs in International Level, been supporting him forever. Probably he'll open in ODIs, looking forward to it.
You can hardly say that Siddique got plenty of chances. He played his first test in over 2 years after being unfairly dropped after being one of your best bats in 2010.

Mike5181

International Captain
yeah Best has been awesome throughout the series, bowled with lot of fire and aggression. Chanders was vintage as always, Samuels picked up a huge double, it was a great team effort overall by Windies.

as for our case, it's same old story of lacking temperament, concentration etc etc. Top order has been dire throughout and bowling as usual lacked penetration. Some positives are Gazi bowled well in patches and Nasir has shown somewhat good form missing out on century twice.
It's good to see Best perform like this. He's such a character, it's hard not to like him. Not too long ago he had some record for the worst bowling record for the amount of tests he'd played or something along those lines, and now look at him. His record has drastically improved, albeit against some of the weaker teams, but any bowler would be happy with 18 wickets @ 16 in 2012.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
yeah, Mominul is likely to debut in this series, Anamul is probably touch and go as he failed in the practice match, he may get a chance if Jahurul/Naeem etc fail. Anamul is a better long version player so I'm not too bothered if he doesn't play in this series as long as he plays in the next Test Series. Soumya I think will need a couple more years till he's ready as you say he gets starts bit doesn't go on to make big scores, he can bowl at medium pace too which could be very useful. I've been impressed with Sohan (I think his official name is Nurul Hasan) in this seasons NCL, he's averaging 45 coming in at 7, and he's scored well in games which had a sporting wicket where some of his team mates barely made double figures:-

Dhaka Division v Rajshahi Division at Dhaka, Oct 20-22, 2012 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo
Dhaka Division v Dhaka Metropolis at Dhaka, Nov 2-5, 2012 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo
I agree Anamul might flourish more in longer version but I think starting from selectors to team management, they are not properly handling him; wanted to hear your opinion on this. I heard they are probably going with Jahurul instead of Anamul tomorrow. Then if he's to sit idle like this in every series, he's better off playing National League than warming the benches. This is the scenario that will happen imo, Jahurul will def fail in first two/three ODIs, Anamul will get a chance to play finally and after his failure, they are going to semi dump him too. These sort of things will hamper his confidence for the long run as well. Selectors/ management need to give him a proper run. He's getting exposure carrying the drinks all right but this time if they were not going to select him based on two practice matches, he should have been playing for Khulna in NCL; isn't there a test series against Sri Lanka sometime in Feb? With his continous non selection, he's neither here nor there.

Last edited:

Challis

U19 12th Man
I agree Anamul might flourish more in longer version but I think starting from selectors to team management, they are not properly handling him; wanted to hear your opinion on this. I heard they are probably going with Jahurul instead of Anamul tomorrow. Then if he's to sit idle like this in every series, he's better off playing National League than warming the benches. This is the scenario that will happen imo, Jahurul will def fail in first two/three ODIs, Anamul will get a chance to play finally and after his failure, they are going to semi dump him too. These sort of things will hamper his confidence for the long run as well. Selectors/ management need to give him a proper run. He's getting exposure carrying the drinks all right but this time if they were not going to select him based on two practice matches, he should have been playing for Khulna in NCL; isn't there a test series against Sri Lanka sometime in Feb? With his continous non selection, he's neither here nor there.
In an ideal world with ideal selectors/management he should have debuted in the Tests against WI, on those docile home pitches. Not only that but also he should have been told he would get those two Tests, these 5 ODIs and the Tests coming in 2013. That way he would have ample opportunity to show what he is capable of doing.
In my opinion he is the most talented batsmen since Tamim and Shakib, and he could surpass them as he seems to have better temperament and his century conversion rate is very impressive. He has proven it with performances in NCL (including a Man of the Match in the final even though his team lost, which included national team players ), Academy performances against top sides such as SA and he was the top scorer in the U19 World Cup.
In fact you could argue that of all the players that have debuted for Bangladesh, Anamul is the most qualified at this stage of his career. Shakib and Tamim were promoted to the National team mainly on the back of their U19 performances, and Nasir Hossain on even less. These players were given many games to cement their position as first teamers.

I think he will get at least a couple of games in this ODI series unless Jahurul and Naeem play phenomenally well, but I can't see that happening. He should definitely get all Tests in 2013 (I think against Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe) as Nazimuddin, Junaid and Nafees should be given the boot, so that opens up a couple of slots.

Challis

U19 12th Man
4 Debutantes in the BD side: Anamul, Mominul, Abul Hasan and Gazi. Mashrafe and Abul started off brilliantly and Abul got the edge off Simmons' bat going where the second slip would have been but Mushy the captain had only one slip!! and just now there definitely sounded like an edge again but nothing from the umpire

Last edited:

Challis

U19 12th Man
Finally Simmons gone on the fourth opportunity, despite the two BD seamers bowling well WI somehow got 47 runs in the first 10 overs

cnerd123

likes this
I like how Sohag Gazi has made Chris Gayle his bunny. Should give him the new ball in the next ODI I reckon.

cricman

International 12th Man
Even if he bowls 8 overs a match, Mortaza would be such an asset with the new ball in Tests