• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in Bangladesh 2012

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why does Naeem Islam bat so low? Chucked a bit of money on him to top score @ 23

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Its been a pretty entertaining morning so far. Windies trying to bounce out the Bang batsman who are going for it and currently hitting heaps of runs from the short stuff.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Why does Naeem Islam bat so low? Chucked a bit of money on him to top score @ 23
$23? That's awesome odds, he was only $6.50 on the site I was looking on. I think he'll come in next by the way, batted 4 last test so it would be silly for him to drop down the order after making his maiden century.

Daemon

$23? That's awesome odds, he was only $6.50 on the site I was looking on. I think he'll come in next by the way, batted 4 last test so it would be silly for him to drop down the order after making his maiden century.
That's good news. Seems like bet365 are going off the cricinfo lineup or something.

edit: yep, and now that he's out in the middle it's gone to $6.50

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
That's good news. Seems like bet365 are going off the cricinfo lineup or something.
You did well as he is now at $6.50. Even if he doesn't top score, its a very smart bet - I would have probably bet on Tamim, Shakib as bankers and then included Naeem if I knew he was paying $23. I have no funds in my bet365 account. :(

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Haha. I genuinely hope you win your bet Daemon, really poor market framing from Bet365..

Great ball from Sammy it has to be said.

I got on WI at $1.73 about an over before the wicket, pretty happy with those odds.

Daemon

Haha I really hope I do too. Have a bit on Shakib @ 6 as well so if he clicks I'll be happy.

I've had a bit of luck in the past with this, remember putting $1-2 on Philander @49 to top score against England and he actually pulled it off, top scoring alongside Duminy. If only I had put in $10 or so but I'll take it :p

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Nice one.

I'm not the best at tipping team highest scorer. I'm better at predicting the players over/under and team total score. I definitely would have got on Naeem though if my site had him at $23.

Is sports betting popular in Singapore?

Daemon

It is for soccer and horse racing.

Buying lottery tickets, playing mahjong and poker is a lot more popular here with the slightly older folk though.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Man I can't stand those on screen displays of the horse numbers moving around all over the place on the racing at Kranji.

Shakib dropped, straight after lunch.