• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in Bangladesh 2012

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Quest for variety really. Not playing your second best bowler when the conditions do actually suit him is completely insane though.
They do have a problem really don't they. He isn't as good as Shakib so he gets dropped simply because the rest aren't good enough. They'd be better off picking 3 or 4 spinners and just one medium pacer and utilising the fact their spinners are much better than any of the pacemen. At least do that at home anyway where they can prepare pitches to suit their attack.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Weird post from Scaly given that WI actually did score 800 runs in the match
Weird that I actually thought any of you lot could bother reading properly after the endless stupid replies I've had every other time I've brought up stupid declarations/declaration chases and bowling overs quicker when you're trying to win (not exactly ****ing rocket science is it).

I'll say this yet again. The result does not justify stupidity. If someone does an Ian Bell special and it goes through the fielder for 4 do people endlessly drone on about how he scored a boundary so it was a good shot? This is the sort of blatant logic failure I'm going on about, yet the sheep mentality perpetuates it because you can't think for yourselves.

Cricket is a numbers game. Do stupid, lazy or bad things and you'll lose out in the long run. The moral is don't do stupid, lazy or bad things. The moral is not to keep doing stupid, lazy or bad things because you got away with it this time. The moral is not to do stupid, lazy or bad things because you did things right and you lost.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Disappointing for the bangers but there were some positives for them this match.

I like these ninja tests which look like boring flat deck run-fests then get turned upside down the last five sessions.

Flem274*

123/5
Weird that I actually thought any of you lot could bother reading properly after the endless stupid replies I've had every other time I've brought up stupid declarations/declaration chases and bowling overs quicker when you're trying to win (not exactly ****ing rocket science is it).

I'll say this yet again. The result does not justify stupidity. If someone does an Ian Bell special and it goes through the fielder for 4 do people endlessly drone on about how he scored a boundary so it was a good shot? This is the sort of blatant logic failure I'm going on about, yet the sheep mentality perpetuates it because you can't think for yourselves.

Cricket is a numbers game. Do stupid, lazy or bad things and you'll lose out in the long run. The moral is don't do stupid, lazy or bad things. The moral is not to keep doing stupid, lazy or bad things because you got away with it this time. The moral is not to do stupid, lazy or bad things because you did things right and you lost.
:lol:

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Bangaz NAAAAAAW :(
Missed it, but good to see Gazi doing well and Naeem looked pretty good in first innings tbh. Get rid of Nafees and Siddique forever IMO

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Deppressingly predictable. :(

Still decent effort from the Bangers. Even in test cricket, they're definitely improving in their home conditions.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
If they intend to open the bowling with Gazi, why pick Rubel? Surely Elias Sunny would have been a better alternative, even if it did mean relying totally on spinners.

At home, I don't see much reason to force quicks into the side, unless that quick is a fit Mashrafe Mortaza.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Khulna to debut as Test Ground;

The pitch looks another batting paradise, disappointing to see this. Sunny is a must here.

centurymaker

International Captain
Sehwag defies it all!

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I have this crazy theory that if you are rubbish at domestic cricket in Bangladesh you are likely to be rubbish in Test Cricket, so what on earth is Abul Hasan doing playing Test Cricket?

I feel for Elias "its always" Sunny.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Bangladesh are batting first. Looks like a pretty awesome atmosphere. Boon impressive at the toss.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah Siddique is unlucky, but I quite like Nazimuddin, not sure exactly why he got dropped in the first place. Nazimuddin looks the goods on debut, from memory.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
what a disgrace; Anamul joined the squad yesterday and now warming the bench

Mushfiq needs to gtfo if he feels so inscure to play another batsman-keeper in the team

Last edited: