• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shane Watson- National Test Selector

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
To be fair the more Starc bowls this season the more it looks like he should be at least in the frame. It's only Twenty20 obviously but there's no doubting he's in form. He shouldn't make it in over Hilf/Siddle/Pattinson, but if for some reason we decided to play four fast bowlers or one of those three went down, I'd definitely have him next in line while Harris is still out.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Watson should not be saying, with regards to Haddin, "I have my fingers crossed for him, and I certainly think he deserves a chance to be able to take on the South Africans."

Vice Captain shouldn't be saying that I reckon, wouldn't exactly make Wade feel loved. Needed to flat bat any question about the keeper position like Clarke and Ponting did. Just praise the both of them, say whoever is selected will be the right choice, both are capable of playing their role well vs. South Africa etc.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Who says Watson doesn't want Wade in the team too? There have been articles floating around suggesting both play. Definitely not something I would do though.

Haddin does seem to be very popular with his teammates..

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Should not be in a position of leadership, should not comment on team selections.

If Clarke is injured and Watson captains Australia (for even one test), the whole thing has become a ****ing joke.

Spooony

Banned
But Watson did take 5/17 yes?

itstl.
I did say yes. Think Philander took 5 in both innings as well in that bizarre match in Cape Town where SA got bowled out for 96 and Australia for 47.

Are Warner going to open the batting? Funny he never played vs SA in a test. I hope he got some sense as his inexperience in Test cricket especially batting with the tail cost Aus the match vs NZ which they lost by 7 runs. Despite him making a 123* he offered his tail enders for NZ on a plate.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I did say yes. Think Philander took 5 in both innings as well in that bizarre match in Cape Town where SA got bowled out for 96 and Australia for 47.

Are Warner going to open the batting? Funny he never played vs SA in a test. I hope he got some sense as his inexperience in Test cricket especially batting with the tail cost Aus the match vs NZ which they lost by 7 runs. Despite him making a 123* he offered his tail enders for NZ on a plate.
Hmm so yes Watson did dominate the South African batting line up it seems.