• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Draft League Season 3: Voting Thread

Vote for three sides

• Cevno

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • watson

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Monk

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • kyear2

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • kingkallis

• Himannv

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Eds

• Michaelf7777777

• Blakus

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • AndyZaltzHair

• Marcuss

• Jager

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah there were a ton of players lost in the wars. Somewhere in one of Fred's articles there is a quote from 1925ish where the person claimed there were at least 10 better bats than wally hammond prior to the 1st world war and they were all lost.

watson

Banned
I meant Himannv head and shoulders above Blakus tbh. Not necessarily the whole group.

On that topic, I'd like to think my new ball bowlers of Holding-Miller-Dev-Barnes is probably the best.
Holding and Barnes are the stand-outs there. A strong attack with very good variety.

Eds

International Debutant
Holding and Barnes are the stand-outs there. A strong attack with very good variety.
I personally regard Miller as being in the very top echelon, in terms of bowling. I'd only give him short spells (I've got Kallis and Robins who are also very handy), and when he bowled <20 overs in an innings, he averages under 21. I don't see why he isn't regarded in the same league as some of the greats, tbh.

watson

Banned
I personally regard Miller as being in the very top echelon, in terms of bowling. I'd only give him short spells (I've got Kallis and Robins who are also very handy), and when he bowled <20 overs in an innings, he averages under 21. I don't see why he isn't regarded in the same league as some of the greats, tbh.
Yes, Miller is in the top eschelon, but I think that most opening batsman would fear Michael Holding more. Just my impression. And Barnes was a one-off genius.

Eds

International Debutant
Yes, Miller is in the top eschelon, but I think that most opening batsman would fear Michael Holding more. Just my impression. And Barnes was a one-off genius.
Yeah, I agree they'd probably fear Holding more, but who'd actually be better at taking wickets for less runs? I'm not so sure.

But yeah, I'd say Barnes is the main man, personally.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I meant Himannv head and shoulders above Blakus tbh. Not necessarily the whole group.

On that topic, I'd like to think my new ball bowlers of Holding-Miller-Dev-Barnes is probably the best.
Except for mine, The Yorker King, Fiery Fred, and the 'Roo....

watson

Banned
Except for mine, The Yorker King, Fiery Fred, and the 'Roo....
Mark Taylor averaged 79 against Pakistan in the 90s so he can play Waqar in his sleep. Hutton is used to yorkers because of Lindwall, so he's no worries against Waqar either.

Gregory is fast, but probably up and down. Again no worries,

Trueman though, he could be an issue to my top order.

watson

Banned
Stoked with 6 votes. Or 7 votes depending on the Bert/Herbert Sutcliffe thing.

More than the other 2 drafts combined. Yay.

Last edited:

Jager

International Debutant
a day and a half left to vote - get them in if you can/haven't, would be appreciated.

Jager

International Debutant
Blakus wins brilliantly by one vote, congratulations. I’ve awarded half a point to all three players who tied for 6th too – keeps it tidy.

Season two results
Blakus: 1st (10)
Himannv: 2nd (6)
watson: 3rd (3)
Eds: 3rd (3)
Jager: 3rd (3)
kyear2: 6th (1/2)
Michaelf7777777: 6th (1/2)
AndyZaltzHair: 6th (1/2)
Monk: 9th
Cevno: 10th
kingkallis: 10th
Marcuss: 10th

Honour roll
Season one (classic draft): Eds
Season two (voodoo draft): Cevno/Marcuss
Season three (clause draft): Blakus

Championship standings
Eds: 19
Blakus: 11 ½
kingkallis: 9
Jager: 9
Himannv: 7 ½
kyear2: 7
Cevno: 5
Marcuss: 5
watson: 3
AndyZaltzHair: 2
Michaelf7777777: ½

Hall of Fame players
Barry Richards (1) season 1
Gordon Greenidge (1) season 1
Charlie Macartney (1) season 1
Brian Lara (1) season 1
AB De Villiers (1) season 1
Frank Worrell* (1) season 1
Jeff Dujon (1) season 1
Kapil Dev (1) season 1
Malcolm Marshall (1) season 1
Hugh Tayfield (1) season 1
Joel Garner (2) season 1, 3
Eddie Barlow (1) season 1
Herbert Sutcliffe (1) season 2
Justin Langer (1) season 2
Archie Jackson (1) season 2
Clive Lloyd (1) season 2
Steve Waugh (1) season 2
Warwick Armstrong (1) season 2
Alan Knott (2) season 2, 3
Imran Khan (1) season 2
Hugh Tayfield (1) season 2
Bob Willis (1) season 2
Fred Trueman (1) season 2
Mushtaq Mohammad (1) season 2
Bert Sutcliffe (1) season 3
Graeme Smith* (1) season 3
Rahul Dravid (1) season 3
Denis Compton (1) season 3
Everton Weekes (1) season 3
Michael Hussey (1) season 3
Ray Lindwall (1) season 3
Hedley Verity (1) season 3
Neil Adcock (1) season 3
Karen Rolton (1) season 3

Jager

International Debutant
As I see it, it's either 3-up and 3-down, or we have another round of anonymous voting as a tie breaker.

Are there any other choices?
I'd rather the tiebreak between kk and Marcus's - think Cevno is not going to be in this round regardless - what do you think?

Eds

International Debutant
I'd say Cevno should go down for definite. No disrespect, he just hasn't been on as much.

Not sure about the other two, but if RVD gets promoted, he might choose to stay in the Reserve League, so we may only need one to go down?

watson

Banned
I'd rather the tiebreak between kk and Marcus's - think Cevno is not going to be in this round regardless - what do you think?
Actually, I forget how many people move between the two Divisions. If it's just one then an exciting show-down between KK and Marcuss would be the thing to do unless Cevno makes loud noises in the next short while.

Make it so.

Last edited:

Eds

International Debutant
I just checked the reserves and rvd actually won it - last time he won it, he asked to remain in the reserve league. If he does, we just replace Cevno with Agent TBY and move on?