• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What happens when Warne finishes his suspension

Craig

World Traveller
I was surprised when I found that Stuart MacGill said his Test career was over when Warne comes back.

Then again Warne maybe a total flop.

Kenny

U19 Debutant
Gee there's been some interesting opinions on this thread.....Matthew Inness is Australia's only good bowler? :lol:

And Warne was hampered by a sore shoulder on the 98 tour to India......in 2001 I believe he was reasonably fit, perhaps a little overweight.
I believe we need to find a good finger spinner to work in tandem with either Warne or MacGill in India.
I don't believe two leggies will work there. Maybe Katich will have progressed enough by then - I know he's a leggie too, but he turns the ball into the right handers......

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
I was surprised when I found that Stuart MacGill said his Test career was over when Warne comes back.

Then again Warne maybe a total flop.
MacGill's not really performing that well at the moment though.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
halsey said:
It sometimes goes horribly wrong for Brett Lee aswell. Any Aussies remember his 0/85 from 8 overs against England in 2001?:P
I doubt it, because we never took him for that many. 55 off 10 and 63 off 10, but it was Pakistan who took him for 85, and off 10, not 8. And Shahid Afridi still managed to get out to him.
Zimbabwe took him for 70-odd off 8 overs, or something like that, twice in C&U Series 2000\01, IIRR.

bennyr said:

I suspect they will take both MacGill and Warne to Sri Lanka, play MacGill in the tests and replace him with Warne if he even smells like he might bowl badly.
warne plays second fiddle to no one & starts

Langeveldt said:
Give Warne his swansong in India, then go with MacGill afterwards (unless he too is getting on?)

theres only 18 months between them, swansong my ass

I rate him as a very fine bowler...
& warne isnt?