• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shoaib Akhtar v Brett Lee

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
Well, if you made a typo, you were attempting to lie.
I was doing nothing of the sort.

I made a genuine mistake, which didn't really alter the point I was making (since it was obviously going on about things that have happened in the past)

You then misinterpreted it, and accused me of twisting words.

Now you call me a liar?

Eclipse

International Debutant
Richard said:
I saw every single one from NatWest Series 2001 to the South Africa 7-ODI series in March-April 2002. I didn't see any before or after. And as I've said, before seems to be a different era if the Test career is anything to go by.
Well there we go!!

you have not seen Brett Lee bowl well and therefor I can undrestand you not rateing him.

During that time Brett Lee struggeld even In ODI's.
He was actualy droped form ODI's for a match or two after that series in South Africa. His form in ODI's since though has been amazing he has avraged 18 with an econ of about 4.3 and strike rate about 22.

If you had been watching him for longer part's of his carear your opinion would be diffrent.

Craig

World Traveller
I felel I'm in a good position to judge on Brett Lee.

I have seen all bar one of his Tests and about 97% of his ODIs. I couldnt care less about ther Aus-Bangladesh series.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
I made a genuine mistake, which didn't really alter the point I was making (since it was obviously going on about things that have happened in the past)
I totally reversed what you were saying.

djsj

Cricket Spectator
Brett Lee is inconsistant. He can bowl in an ODI match well but a test match is out of the question.

Armadillo

State Vice-Captain
it is obviously clear if you pit these 2 together Lee has no chance. did anyone c Shoaib against nz.everytime he started a spell he took a wicked.

Thelwell

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Shoaib's looking to be a better test bowler, as Lee is struggling desperately at the moment. But think Lee is better ODI bowler,

Shoaib bowls those 95 mph short long hops which when the field is in the circle can disappear over gully for 6, as tendulkar showed in 2003 world cup. He's bee ngreat in the test Vs. NZ to give him his dues.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Shoaib's form in all cricket since his Pakistan recall (after being dropped from the Cherry Blossom Cup squad) has been superb.
He's had good spells before but this one has lasted longer than the rest.

FRAZ

International Captain
Craig said:
Of course not.

my skin colour shows to me I'm not, and my name Craig isnt Indian.
hey hey , THE guy gave very good pics , and that was absolutely right that it was the biggest wicket and not only that he also bowled Dravid , Shoaib was on a hattrick. These pictures are wonderful and I liked them . Alright. And if some one says , Its a Pakistani . Its not a taunt or what ?????