• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web Pawn Stars

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
So bored at work today - So I decided to start a 2 star worthy thread.

I really like American Pickers so it got me thinking that perhaps some people on here have some Cricket related hidden treasures..

Just keen to know if anyone has anything kind of cool - it could be signatures, books, a former greats bat, Richard Chee Quee's microphone etc.

Jager

International Debutant
My old man's got an autographed bottle of DK Lillee port from ~1980 in the spirits cabinet, that's about it. Probably the only thing of note for me - something I'll inherit I guess.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Ray Robinson's 'Between Wickets'. Fifth Edition; printed 1949.

My dad has an unsponsored bat that he reshaped himself, signed by Mark Taylor, as well as a personally signed County bat by none other than SK Warne for 25 years of service at his work.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Sweet, all good things.

uvelocity, was it during Boonie's playing career, match officiating days or just grabbed it from his clothesline once?

Reckon the DK Lillee Port and the signed Warne blade are very cool items, what type of work does your dad do for them to get Warney to sign it?

When I was at Lords, I ran into Murali and I got him to sign something - can't remember if it was the county match day program or the history of the ashes small booklet at Lords, I'll have to find it at my parents over xmas.

Also, won a raffle at the Cricket once where I received a signed bat with the Queensland and Western Australia teams on it. Think about 18 of the 24 names had represented their country before.

Last edited:

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I have an original copy of an Archie Jackson Memorial Fund Entertainment Brochure that was issued shortly after his death - undoubtedly the highlight of my collection

smash84

The Tiger King
I had a cricket ball personally signed by Imran which I had got from my cousin....I lost it while we were shifting places :(

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Reckon the DK Lillee Port and the signed Warne blade are very cool items, what type of work does your dad do for them to get Warney to sign it?
He was at the <REMOVED> for quite a long time. I have no idea how/why Warney came about.

We have quite a collection of autographed copies of cricket books. I think it includes every main player from the early-2000s era of Australian domination.

Also have signed shirts from Simon Katich and Steven Smith lying around, from a NSW vs. Queensland charity T20 a few years back. I remember Glenn McGrath batting 6, and it being one of Smith's first games. I convinced my dad to chuck a bid on Smith - "He'll play for Australia one day... and he's a local".

Last edited:

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Got Tangy's last will and testament in my possession.
I wondered where that had gone - have you walked off with the draft Divorce Petition for my next but one wife as well? You know I like to stay two steps ahead of the game so if you could see your way to returning a copy of that 'twould be appreciated

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He was at <REMOVED> for quite a long time. I have no idea how/why Warney came about.

We have quite a collection of autographed copies of cricket books. I think it includes every main player from the early-2000s era of Australian domination.

Also have signed shirts from Simon Katich and Steven Smith lying around, from a NSW vs. Queensland charity T20 a few years back. I remember Glenn McGrath batting 6, and it being one of Smith's first games. I convinced my dad to chuck a bid on Smith - "He'll play for Australia one day... and he's a local".
And funny enough it'd probably be worth more if his international career didn't happen. :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
And funny enough it'd probably be worth more if his international career didn't happen. :ph34r:
I don't think it would be far off, TBH. But 'that 19 year old leggie who played a few T20s then disappeared' doesn't quite have the same ring as 'that guy who makes Jonty Rhodes look like Inzy in the field'.

Mark my words, he'll come good eventually. Well, he better, I want to sell the ****ing thing at a profit one day :ph34r:

bagapath

International Captain
got dk lillee to sign on a coaster when i ran into him at a chennai bar in 2003.

last week, i got a copy of "farewell to cricket" that i bought through amazon from a lady in south africa. it is a 1950 edition from her dad's collection.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag

I've just done a search on ebay for this particular image, but I have the exact same card signed my Symonds. Its going for $25 on auction currently so you would think the signed one might go for $100 or so.