• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web Pawn Stars

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah I know but what should I do? I don't really want to take them back with me in a few days, only to repack them 2 months later when I move right across the country.

I have some books from Alan Davidson, Greg Chappell, Ian Chappell, Rod Marsh, Ian Healy, Max Walker, Mark Waugh, Steve Waugh Ashes Diary, 1982 Ashes Centenary, Australian Cricket Legends Book, some old bowl like Lillee, learn how to play cricket type books, 1992 World Cup etc etc.

I'm giving away old Inside Edge magazines to an old cricket mate of mine who wants them, only keeping the Bradman Tribute edition soon after his death.
disturbing lack of mark taylor tbh

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Oh **** did I say Max, I meant Mike Walker.

Cricketer at the Crossroads FTR. How many books Fred, we wont judge, much.

Daemon

Used to have an autographed Victorian Bushrangers poster and a wristband from when some Australian school came down here to play against us. The others got a cap but I didn't cos I was 12th man on the day :(

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Davidson's book would be a very interesting read, IMO.

And I don't have 4,200 cricket books either, unfortunately. I've got around 50 and have a nice list of what to purchase next.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I have over 3000 cards, 1500 autographs and 3000 magazines. Also have around 300 books on the game.

Am always looking for cards as I love them. Recently, a friend got my T20 World Cup final ticket from 2007 signed by Dhoni.

Weirdly enough, I don't keep collecting all the time. For 7-8 years I didn't add any collectables except books which i keep buying when I want to read some thing. Most have just added slowly over the last 20 years or so.

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
He was at the CBA for quite a long time. I have no idea how/why Warney came about.

We have quite a collection of autographed copies of cricket books. I think it includes every main player from the early-2000s era of Australian domination.

Also have signed shirts from Simon Katich and Steven Smith lying around, from a NSW vs. Queensland charity T20 a few years back. I remember Glenn McGrath batting 6, and it being one of Smith's first games. I convinced my dad to chuck a bid on Smith - "He'll play for Australia one day... and he's a local".
An early Steven Smith autograph can be very valuable.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Have a shirt signed by the 2001 NSW team that was worn by Brad Haddin. Has Slats, Michael Bevan, Stuart Clark, Michael Clarke, Nathan Bracken etc on it. Also have a few signatures etc. a signed Ricky Ponting book (which a lot of people would have given I went to a book signing to get it). I forgot this one : have an old Gray Nich Scoop with Tubby Taylors signature as well as a few others from a past Toohey's Cup match.

Last edited:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Also have signed shirts from Simon Katich and Steven Smith lying around, from a NSW vs. Queensland charity T20 a few years back. I remember Glenn McGrath batting 6, and it being one of Smith's first games. I convinced my dad to chuck a bid on Smith - "He'll play for Australia one day... and he's a local".
And funny enough it'd probably be worth more if his international career didn't happen. :ph34r:
WHERE DEM HATERZ AT.

Mark my words, he'll come good eventually.
A win for Dan Pty Ltd Ltd.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Got given away as a cricket club raffle prize iirc. Might still be in the garage though, will take a look when it isn't raining.

Daemon

Got my boarding pass signed by Zaheer and Gambhir when I saw them at baggage collection and had nothing else for them to sign.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
i have one of those mini-bats with Ben Hollioake's signature... possibly worth more due to his demise? As sad as it is to talk about... not like he's very known tho