• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian ATG Team- Open Voting

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Not enough love for Thomson his SR was as good as anyone else's that is getting votes. Just was more expensive.

Rod Marsh reckoned he got it up to 180 on a good day.:ph34r:

Glad to see JBMAC voted for him.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Dennis Lillee, Glen Mcgrath and Shane Warne are the certainties. If the plan is the use Miller very sparingly then I would go with Linwall as two leggies might be a redundentcy. But I say Miller is there to bowl so O'Reilly gets the final slot as he is just too good to omit.

bagapath

International Captain
If DK and Pigeon bowl 18 overs each in a day (6/session) and Warne/ O'Reilly deliver 21 overs each (7/session) then Miller can be used for 4 overs/session (12 in a day). This will be 90 overs of high quality bowling with a balanced mix of pace and spin. And none would feel overworked either. I can't imagine too many batting line-ups surviving this attack for more than a full day of 90 overs.

watson

Banned
The Lindwall V McGrath clash interested me the most.

So far its McGrath leading 11-4.

Not as close as I expected.

watson

Banned
If DK and Pigeon bowl 18 overs each in a day (6/session) and Warne/ O'Reilly deliver 21 overs each (7/session) then Miller can be used for 4 overs/session (12 in a day). This will be 90 overs of high quality bowling with a balanced mix of pace and spin. And none would feel overworked either. I can't imagine too many batting line-ups surviving this attack for more than a full day of 90 overs.
That's an interesting assertion. I think that an ATG English batting line-up starting with Hobbs and finishing with Knott would probably last longer than 90 overs, but it's very hard to speculate.

Last edited:

bagapath

International Captain
The Lindwall V McGrath clash interested me the most.

So far its McGrath leading 11-4.

Not as close as I expected.
In a long career spread across two decades mcgrath took bucketloads of wickets in batting friendly conditions at a brilliant SR and average and finished as the most prolific fast bowler of all-time. If someone names him the greatest bowler ever it would be difficult to argue against that claim. Longevity must have got him this spot ahead of lindwall.

Last edited: