• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Peter Siddle - ATG?

Dan

Hall of Fame Member

117 wickets @ 29 in 32 Tests
242 wickets @ 26 in 64 FC games
More than capable Number 8 batsman.
Heart

I reckon he slots straight in at 9 in an ATG XI.

He runs in all day, and has a heart than makes Phar Lap's look tiny by comparison. He'd run through walls for his captain, and he's run through The Wall on two occasions. Pink Floyd would be proud.

They often say first impressions are the most influential, and with the wicket of Sachin Tendulkar to start a hugely successful career, Siddle is clearly the best bowler of the modern era. And that isn't even mentioning his first ball at the highest level - clunking renowned short ball expert Gautam Gambhir on the helmet, showing fire and intent early on.

On ODI debut, he was the only Australian bowler to concede less than 9 an over; single-handedly saving Australia from an embarrassing defeat to New Zealand.

And then on T20i debut, he nipped out the dangerous Martin Guptill and the slightly-more-benign Peter Fulton cheaply and went for only 6 an over.

An impressive start from the passionate Victorian, and one that guaranteed his future greatness from the moment he stepped onto the hallowed turf of Mohali back in 2008.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I reckon he slots straight in at 9 in an ATG XI.
ATG World XI, no doubt. I'd actually have him at six, and watch him rise to the occasion. Tons galore. Complete all rounder. A stratosphere above Miller and Imran.

And the bonus with Siddle is you only need to select two other bowlers, because no one needs to relieve him of his bowling duties. He'll bowl until he gets the ****ers out. Get ****ed if you try and bowl from Sid's end.

1. Hobbs
2. Gavaskar
3. Bradman
4. Hammond/Tendulkar/Lara
5. V. Richards
6. P. Siddle (c)
7. Knott/Gilchrist/whoever can catch OVER THEIR ****ING HEADS AS THE BALL FLIES FROM SIDDLE
8. Any other half decent quick
9. A decent spinner
10. Probably don't need anyone else, cos Siddle takes all the wickets and gets all the runs. Saves on flights/accom
11. Ditto

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Looks like I wasn't the only who sat through 'PS I love you' thinking it was a film about Siddle.

smash84

The Tiger King
ATG World XI, no doubt. I'd actually have him at six, and watch him rise to the occasion. Tons galore. Complete all rounder. A stratosphere above Miller and Imran.

And the bonus with Siddle is you only need to select two other bowlers, because no one needs to relieve him of his bowling duties. He'll bowl until he gets the ****ers out. Get ****ed if you try and bowl from Sid's end.

1. Hobbs
2. Gavaskar
3. Bradman
4. Hammond/Tendulkar/Lara
5. V. Richards
6. P. Siddle (c)
7. Knott/Gilchrist/whoever can catch OVER THEIR ****ING HEADS AS THE BALL FLIES FROM SIDDLE
8. Any other half decent quick
9. A decent spinner
10. Probably don't need anyone else, cos Siddle takes all the wickets and gets all the runs. Saves on flights/accom
11. Ditto

:lol:

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Siddle is averaging 70.50 with the bat this season. I don't see any other ATG matching him with the bat on current form.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
carries around a picture of craig mcdermott in his pocket which says you are peter siddle

and also says ps bowl ****ing full you ****ing stupid bogan dumbarse jesus christ man

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Greg Chappell another noted Australian Vegetarian Cricketer (AVC).

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Seriously, a ****ing vegetarian. Should disqualify him from playing for Australia again. **** will end up bowling like bloody Agarkar with that diet.