• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sachin Tendulkar

doesitmatter

U19 Cricketer
Did he do anything good for Australia as a whole other than making CA rich?...Good for Sachin..He deserves it no doubt about that but i also feel he is used as a pawn when people need publicity either good ( this one is) or bad (write a book and say some lame things ..no doubt some are true as well) ..

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's not a minor award actually.

Thank God no Pommie player has been awarded one.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Any cricket lover in Australia should be happy with this decision. As Burgey mentioned (after his other **** posts), this is a high award, not something to be sneezed at, and international cricket getting this recognition is awesome for the sport.

Heard Abbott had a chat to Sachin and asked him if he had arrived by boat or not.

uvelocity

International Coach
Bull**** Jono you flog it's a political decision, he's done zip to foster an improved relationship between the countries. Being an awesome cricketer shouldn't qualify you for the award

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Where on Earth in my post did I deny that it was either (a) a political decision, or (b) unwarranted/unmeritou?

I said its good for cricket. A cricketer getting an Order of Australia is good if you're a cricket fan.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Where on Earth in my post did I deny that it was either (a) a political decision, or (b) unwarranted/unmeritou?

I said its good for cricket. A cricketer getting an Order of Australia is good if you're a cricket fan.
Having every government worldwide ban all other sports would be good for cricket as well but it'd still be an awful decision.

I'm still yet to hear why he's actually been given this award so I haven't commented yet, but if it really is just for being a good foreign cricketer then it's a disgrace, whether it's good for cricket or not.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i would say the reputation of the order of australia has been damaged by this move, but i've never met anyone who actually gives a **** about it, so if anything, this has created passion for what is otherwise a waste of time and money