• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ATG teams formed by open voting

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
You thought you had enough ATG team threads? Well, you were wrong :cool2:

The idea of this thread is to create national, world, era wise or any other XIs (one at a time) by voting. We will try to form the teams that most represent the broader CW view. What I mean by that is that there will be no team structure imposed on the voters. The votes will be cast for one player at a time for no specific batting position or role type. Every successive voting will happen keeping in mind the team chosen so far. The team structure will emerge on its own. Think of it as a draft game where everyone plays together. As for the batting order of the team, you can suggest the batting position in parenthesis when you vote but I will use it only as a guide, and use my judgement in choosing the batting position for the most voted player. Success of this obviously depends on the assumption that most, if not all, will keep a good balance of the team in mind.

If that sounds good, I am intend to start with Australia All Time XI

You get minimum 12 hours to vote for a player.

Last edited:

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Kudos for starting with the least possible contentious position.

Bradman (3).
Don't see what is wrong to doing it exactly how Nufan did the All Time XI thread.
Would at a minimum move faster and potentially less complicated.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
All right, Don Bradman is the first chosen player.

All Time Australia XI:

3. Don Bradman
Voting for second player starts. My vote - Keith Miller (7)

Last edited: