• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

American Cricket

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
"United States of America Cricket Association David Mutton is one of Peter's alter egos..another valuable trait of an ethical journalist."

GASP!

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
This is utterly hilarious.

My personal favourite has to be the guy calling Martin Williamson a 'blogger'. Yep, he practically runs Cricinfo and he's nothing but a blogger.

uvelocity

International Coach
well I read it, thinking how can a national organisation be so dysfunctional, but when it reports to the joke shop which is the ICCBCCI it's completely understandable.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Surreal almost. I double checked to see whether it was one of those fake FB posts as it contained some well known names. And lol what was Ian O brien doing there? Overall fantastic read.

davidmutton

School Boy/Girl Captain
It is legitimate, or at least as legit as anything coming out of USACA. It is written by Kenwyn Williams, its Executive Secretary.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
For those who missed the action, here's a quick summary:

1. Peter Della Penna writes an article on cricinfo talking about some irregularities with the way the USACA conducts it's business, including how the person who looks after the social media often abuses people who comment.

2. USACA link to the article, accusing Della Penna of being unethical and biased.

3. David Mutton backs up Della Penna with a comment.

4. USACA accuses Mutton of having no credentials and vaguely threatens legal action. They then go as far as to say "Peter you will be sued"

5. Various contributors back up Della Penna and Mutton.

6. Rozay Chardonnay enters and suggests that Peter has no credibility as a journalist. Also accuses him of bring hell bent on reporting fabricated news.

7. Various others, including Martin Williamson enter the debate, all calling on the USACA to back down.

8. USACA repeat the claim that Della Penna is unethical, and add to it that he is unqualified. Also describes Williamson as a blogger.

10. USACA publish LinkedIn pages for Della Penna and Willamson. Accuses Williamson if having a big gap in his CV.

11 a commenter points out that only Ms Chardonnay is backing up USACA. USACA tells them to go and watch baseball.

12 USACA accuse David Mutton of being an alter ego for Peter Della Penna.

14. Mutton's wife suggests that they are mistaken.

15. A number of commenters ask USACA to name what Della Penna has gotten wrong in his article.

16. Iain O'Brien offers his services as a cricketer to USACA.

17. USACA say that only qualified journalists, who are authorised by NYPD will be able to interview players.

18. USACA claims that "the discontent" has been planned by them.

courtesy : micheal Wagener, FB

jashan83

U19 Captain
I left the thread when it had 200 comments at around 1.00 AM (India). I got up at 7.00 AM and it was 700+. It is amazing. Even Dreamcricket has also covered it. Tells you what type of jokers run the organization