• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Australia 2012

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wow, what a ****ing **** you are Burgey. Saw your post and thought I missed his ton. Lunch not finished yet.
Actually mate, being Monday I'm at a belated birthday lunch at Felix in my honour. Enjoy your pre-packed sandwich, underling.

Spikey

you know. cowan started off horribly last season, and on the day roebuck died, scored a ton (or maybe it was 90 odd.) that started his run to the test team. he started off horribly this season, and on the one year anniversary of roebuck's death, scores a ton

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Superb work from Cowan really pleased for him, even though I haven't been one of his main supporters.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
you know. cowan started off horribly last season, and on the day roebuck died, scored a ton (or maybe it was 90 odd.) that started his run to the test team. he started off horribly this season, and on the one year anniversary of roebuck's death, scores a ton
Wow that's such a fitting moment, I didn't realize it was a year ago, no wonder he was emotional.

EDIT - I haven't listened to ABC Radio, have they mentioned Roebuck much?

Spikey

has there been a c9 broadcaster sitting next to cowan's wife every time he's played a test in australia just waiting to talk to her in case cowan scores a ton

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
turns out cowan likes the pull shot
I've actually been more impressed with his cutting this innings. The pull is obviously his go-to shot but he was a fierce cutter and back foot driver of the ball in his youth in New South Wales, but it got him out a fair bit so he put it all away in his second coming as a state cricketer for Tasmania. Really good sign to see him bring out some off side play successfully at this level; when he was raved about as a young bat in Sydney, that was why.

Spikey

Wow that's such a fitting moment, I didn't realize it was a year ago, no wonder he was emotional.

EDIT - I haven't listened to ABC Radio, have they mentioned Roebuck much?
dunno know. saw his name mentioned in some tweets about the time play started though

oh and in case anyone didn't know, roebuck coached cowan when he was younger

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
You weird ****.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Most of CW didn't have a problem with the Gabba in 2010 so they must have no problem with this wicket? :dry:
Didn't they? To be fair I didn't see much of the Sat/Sun of that game as was playing, but thought it looked ordinary whenever I was watching. Polished glass.

Funnily enough, seems to only be when Australia plays a non-drawcard team that there is anything in the wicket at the Gabba. NZ keep coming across seamers up there.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Funnily enough, seems to only be when Australia plays a non-drawcard team that there is anything in the wicket at the Gabba. NZ keep coming across seamers up there.
Haha yeah I was thinking that yesterday. I'd like to think it's a coincidence or at least a cricket-based tactic; I'd hate to think it was a CA directive to prepare roads specifically to ensure five days of cricket against (only) drawcard teams..