Cricket Player Manager
Page 91 of 482 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 7226

Thread: ***Official*** South Africa in Australia 2012

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Would it be fair to say the Aussies didn't bowl the same as last year when they had so much success? Lots of balls short of a length when it was balls that were pitched up that were doing the business last year. Loss of McDermott a bigger factor than some realised maybe?
    I don't think they bowled badly yesterday, maybe not as well as last year but then SA are a much better team than India were last year. And I still don't know why professional cricketers need someone to tell them not to bowl ****. The average club cricketer can work that out.

Am off to the game myself today. Don't know if we'll get much play...would like to see Kallis and Amla in action.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Feel sick for the guy, what a rotten way to do it. What is it with Brisbane and severe injuries to tourists?
    The city's full of bogans who hate foreign people...he's lucky he didn't get stabbed to be honest.

Just joking Brisbane, love you.

Went to the game yesterday. At the risk of being called a nark and reading too much into one day's play, I really think and said so at the time, that the series against India last Summer really put us in a fool's paradise and wasn't an accurate reflection of things. India were just totally disinterested, and as demonstrated yesterday we still have a long way to go (bearing in mind that the bowling is meant to be our strength).
    - Winner of the 2011 and 2012 CricketWeb AFL tipping competition

- Winner of the 2011, 2012 and 2013 CricketWeb NRL tipping competition

Quote Originally Posted by son of coco View Post
    the city's full of bogans who hate foreign people...he's lucky he didn't get stabbed to be honest.

Just joking brisbane, love you.
    wac

Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    I hope everyone has 'taste it Spikey!' copied into their clip board for easy access with Hilf takes a wicket.
    Look who's tasting now ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Viscount Tom View Post
    What was Amla first chance average in England again? Someone go find it I know he scored both his tons after we dropped him.
    I worked it out after he was dropped in the Lords test. 18.2 rings a bell.

Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Petersen was lucky not to nick off early, but I thought after he settled he played well itbt.
    Yeah this. People giving him too much stick IMO. From what I saw he looked pretty solid and put away the short ones.

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    If I was a coach I would instruct my fielders to immediately take a shot at the stumps after taking a catch to get a run out in case of a no ball.
    Reckon that wouldn't be out if they hit anyway, as you have to be attempting a run to get run out. If the batsmen obviously thinks he's out, the umpire wouldn't give him out run out.
    RIP Philip Hughes - 1988-2014

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the weather is very bleak up here today

It's good for days 3 to 5 though

Looks like being a 4 day Test - so Kallis and Amla will need to get cracking tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Cabinet96 View Post
    Reckon that wouldn't be out if they hit anyway, as you have to be attempting a run to get run out. If the batsmen obviously thinks he's out, the umpire wouldn't give him out run out.
    I'm talking about situations when the ball goes up in the air, not edges to slips. If he starts running and the umpire is going to review no balls it would be a terrible decision to not give the batsman out. In the Kallis situation he was certainly attempting a run, proof of this is that he starting jogging and was credited with a run.

Not related to yesterday's incident, but just generally speaking...

Bowling teams shouldn't lose a review when the umpire says not out initially, then a review is sought, and it's found that a no ball was bowled. It is the umpire's error that the no ball was overlooked, so the bowling team shouldn't lose a review

As I say, different to what happened yesterday

I'm talking about situations when the ball goes up in the air, not edges to slips. If he starts running and the umpire is going to review no balls it would be a terrible decision to not give the batsman out. In the Kallis situation he was certainly attempting a run, proof of this is that he starting jogging and was credited with a run.
    Yup, running to cross still counts, IMO.

Yeah, I see what you mean, but I still think once the ball is caught it will become a dead ball. Once the batsmen sees the fielder catch it, he'll stop trying to make his ground.

Quote Originally Posted by howardj View Post
    Not related to yesterday's incident, but just generally speaking...

Bowling teams shouldn't lose a review when the umpire says not out initially, then a review is sought, and it's found that a no ball was bowled. It is the umpire's error that the no ball was overlooked, so the bowling team shouldn't lose a review

As I say, different to what happened yesterday
    I don't think the fielding side do lose a review actually. I seem to remember it happening recently, and the fielding side didn't lose their review.

Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Yup, running to cross still counts, IMO.
    Definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabinet96 View Post
    Yeah, I see what you mean, but I still think once the ball is caught it will become a dead ball. Once the batsmen sees the fielder catch it, he'll stop trying to make his ground.
    If that is the case, the decision should have been no-ball and Kallis back on strike, not no-ball and Kallis getting off strike and scoring a run.

I know its not natural to keep running to make ground when you've been caught, but with decisions being reviewed, batsman should in football speak, play to the whistle.

Ahh, I didn't realise Kallis got a run for it and was off strike. I'm inclined to agree with you because of that.

But, unlike in football, their isn't a "whistle" when you're caught at midd off. You just assume you're out unless told otherwise. It might be something they could allow in the future, but they'd have to drill it in to the batsmen to continue incase they're not out. Until then, I think it would only cause problems.

gee I made a couple of crap posts. was so so drunk & angry though

raining here all morning, not heavily but will be one of those annoying on again off again days imo
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

also I brought some cricket australia sports ears things with me I paid some ludicrous price for a couple of years ago, that are supposed to tune into channel 9 & the abc comms, don't work, they must have changed the channel. ****s.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    *** brisbane
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Thread Information