• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Australia 2012

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Australia have quite a lot of quality wicketkeepers at the moment. I know Paine gets a lot of stick here, but most countries would love for him to be their third choice wicketkeeper.

Andre

International Regular
I've got huge concerns over Wade's glovework. Would want to improve that area dramatically or the spot could be Paine's vs SL.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
don't think haddin will retire mid-season, so if wade's glove work is a problem, and it may well be, i could see wade just playing as a batsman and haddin playing. (cowan out, watson opening.)

JBMAC

State Captain
Michael Clarke (capt), David Warner, Ed Cowan, Shane Watson, Ricky Ponting, Mike Hussey, Matthew Wade, James Pattinson, Peter Siddle, Mitchell Starc, Nathan Lyon, Ben Hilfenhaus (12th man to be named).

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
I think Starc is a little like Johnson myself in the sense that his ability with the white ball is somwhat being confused with his ability with the red ball. No doubt a stack of potential, but I'd like to see him bank some more FC performances rather than travelling around with the Test squad all summer. He never seems to make the red ball talk anywhere near as much.
Tbf at least with Starc his action is no way near as bad.

Could probably do with another season with us if I'm honest got interrupted too much by Australia picking him for the A tour rather than leaving him to feed of Siddy and Dizzy IMO.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Tbf at least with Starc his action is no way near as bad.

Could probably do with another season with us if I'm honest got interrupted too much by Australia picking him for the A tour rather than leaving him to feed of Siddy and Dizzy IMO.
Yorkshire would have taken him knowing that he was going to be missing all those games with Aus A. If there was no Australia A tour, doubt he would've been sent over in the first place.

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Don't think Wade's glove work is quite there yet, but if it continues to improve at the rate that it has, can see him "doing a Prior" and being a very reliable gloveman by the time he is in his batting prime.

Justo

U19 Debutant
At least Wade's got a bit of match awareness though. Nothing like backing away towards leg when your teams 5 wickets down for 20 odd.

howardj

International Coach
Don't know how anyone can like Wade. Real ****ish sort of character.
Yeah, really unsavoury incident at the AB Field last year when he was warming up, and a girl yelled out to him over the fence. He seems like a prick, at a first blush. Not that it really matters, I guess.