• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Australia 2012

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I'm very slowly, reluctantly accepting Kallis brilliance as a Test Cricketer. Still cringe a little whenever I hear his ODI credentials being talked about as brilliant though.

With the wicket of Amla, Siddle now is level with Johnny Briggs.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm very slowly, reluctantly accepting Kallis brilliance as a Test Cricketer. Still cringe a little whenever I hear his ODI credentials being talked about as brilliant though.

With the wicket of Amla, Siddle now is level with Johnny Briggs.
Presumably your talking about the Coronation Street actor, because as a bowler it's just not right:unsure:

hazsa19

International Regular
This. Not to mention nearly 200 catches. And then similar ODI numbers. It seems almost trite to say it, but if he were Australian, English or Indian I reckon the level of appreciation would be such that the only debate would be what order to rank him, Bradman and Sobers as the game's all time top 3.
I'm English and you won't find me arguing with that accolade.

In the modern era he's obviously compared with Lara/Tendulkar/Ponting. I think it's simply a case that most fans (massive assumption) would rather see any of the others come to the crease for entertainments sake.

grecian

This. Not to mention nearly 200 catches. And then similar ODI numbers. It seems almost trite to say it, but if he were Australian, English or Indian I reckon the level of appreciation would be such that the only debate would be what order to rank him, Bradman and Sobers as the game's all time top 3.
I really don't think it's nationality, Steyn and Donald are rightly lauded, it's all about style, which he has none.

I think I can now realise he's in the top two or three cricketers of all time, but it's really been hard for me, because I'm a purist ****.

I had similar problems with Glenn McGrath, I think I did a list of 20 best fast--bowlers here, and didn't include him, but now I've come to accept his performances at a time when almost all other pacers struggle are exceptional.

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

I reckon Australia are value at whatever long odds you can get. This is one of those games where the situation works against the team batting first because they have to be very dominant to win. Australia only have to get within 50-100 runs of South Africa and they will have a better chance of winning than the tourists.

hazsa19

International Regular
Listening to this conversation I really want someone to remember the 2005 Old Trafford Ashes Test where Mcgrath had Vaughan dropped. The next ball he bowled him off a no-ball and he went on to make a big ton

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Listening to this conversation I really want someone to remember the 2005 Old Trafford Ashes Test where Mcgrath had Vaughan dropped. The next ball he bowled him off a no-ball and he went on to make a big ton
The story about the 10 ball an over surely can't be legit? :laugh:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lol that Gatorade ad showing Ryan Harris on an exercise bike and not in a screaming, agonized heap on the ground.

Son Of Coco

Watching Pattinson bowl is one of the great joys of watching the Oz team at the moment. He has a crack and hits a good length. Very refreshing after the Mitchell Johnson years.

Son Of Coco

Last edited: