• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Australia 2012

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yes I do:

Shaun Pollock ‏@7polly7

Oh dear, News coming in on JP Duminy is a ruptured achilles tendon,needs an operation & he will be out for 6 months!! He must be devastated

BoyBrumby

Englishman
why didn't we get polly instead of mcgrath
Have to say the ginger Ron Howardalike has a clear edge based on McGrath's debut performance today.

Does Nein not bother with the token comm from the oppo?

& hard lines for Duminy. Think he's probably earned the right to go postal on the next coach who emphasises the importance of warm downs. Crucial when one's been watching from the balcony and/or playing cards in the changing room. Doubt he even got his pads on today what with de Villiers the next man in.

benchmark00

How many times do you think we'll hear JP say words to the effect of "I looked behind me to see who had kicked me, but noone was there" in interviews?

AlanJLegend

U19 Vice-Captain
Given that Kirsten wants AB to keep you imagine he want to play Faf but quotas might come into it with JP out so they might have to opt for that dud keeper.
Not sure if joking or not...

I was actually wondering before, do SA still have a quota policy?

Briony

International Debutant
Not sure if joking or not...

I was actually wondering before, do SA still have a quota policy?
Obviously there are players like Amla, JP, Alviro and Philander who are their on merit and in fact Amla is arguably their best batsman but you get the impression if there is a chance to make a marginal call they might favour a non-white player which is fair enough but I don't get the keeper given that they're 'protecting' a 32 year old with selectors saying they're looking to debut him against the kiwis. Surely he either plays now (though probably not good enough) or they put a younger guy in as understudy.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I think Tsolekile has quite a bit invested in him because he's a black African, whereas the rest of the non-whites in the test set up are either of sub-continental extraction or are "Cape Coloureds".

Since Ntini surrendered to Anno Domini and Tsotsobe didn't quite make the grade in the longest format the majority population hasn't been represented, which one suspects is something the board would like to rectify.

Daemon

Dude represented SA in Hockey, must be one of those talented guys who's good at every sport they play. ABdV is also another one.