• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Australia 2012

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kallis single handedly bringing the standard of the opening day down by not getting out.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lyon the best of the bowlers. By some measure.

Haters can suck it.
Lyon to Kallis, SIX, short ball and Kallis has sent it over the wide long-on boundary, he moved back and across and hoisted it for the innings' second six. There were men in the deep but Kallis took them on.

Burgey

Lyon to Kallis, SIX, short ball and Kallis has sent it over the wide long-on boundary, he moved back and across and hoisted it for the innings' second six. There were men in the deep but Kallis took them on.
Yeah cos that means he's bowled ****.

Come on, man. Admit it. Kallis is cricketing valium.

Ruckus

International Captain
hmm yeaaahh....this is starting to get into were pretty ****ed territory here. Basically 2 down for 200, 2 set batsman on a road with none of our bowlers looking threatening.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Love having Pidg commentating.
Reckon McGrath always sounds like he's a sentence away from an emotional breakdown.
Surprisingly fey, isn't he? Just doesn't sound like how he looked when he bowled.

Also cue Brumby coming in this thread and telling us that Amla's beard isn't cool because of the pokey bits around the side or whatever he says every few months when Amla is batting.
My work here is done. :cool:

Also, having only ever read his name before, I'm surprised "Quiney" is pronounced "Kwai-knee" not "Quinn-ney" as I'd imagined it would be.

Looking bad for Oz here if he's bowling before tea on day one. 129 FC average and all.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Has Kallis hit more sixes in test cricket than Gilchrist yet? He usually hits a six an innings against an offie, so if he isn’t, he should have the record for most sixes ever in test cricket by end of series.

Looks like House is bowling with more of round action in this test. Getting some reverse but like all the Australian quicks, too much gun barrel, pop-pop about him. Can't believe they left out Starc, particularly given Kallis record against left armers. Has to be 400 minimum.

Burgey

Going back for another bacon infused bourbon. Jesus, it's an orgasm in a shot glass.

Top_Cat

Geez, the bowlers in Top Gun always look nowhere near as quick as the gun speed. Not to mention, some seriously awkward-looking actions!

uvelocity

International Coach
Soon as I moved Lyon got a wicket. Will move everyte we hey another. May need to be carried toward the end

Ruckus

International Captain
Has Kallis hit more sixes in test cricket than Gilchrist yet? He usually hits a six an innings against an offie, so if he isn’t, he should have the record for most sixes ever in test cricket by end of series.

Looks like House is bowling with more of round action in this test. Getting some reverse but like all the Australian quicks, too much gun barrel, pop-pop about him. Can't believe they left out Starc, particularly given Kallis record against left armers. Has to be 400 minimum.
Not sure Starc would be helping the situation much on this wicket. There's really nothing there for the quicks, but at least Hilf has been keeping things relatively economical. If Starc isn't getting any swing or anything, I could see him being smashed around here.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Flat deck made to look better by good batting and undisciplined bowling and perplexing field placements

Anyway, Starc should've been first bowler picked with either House or Siddle punted

Also need an all-rounder and given that at least 2 of our top 3 are like to fail, the selection of one od McDonald, Marsh, Henriques, Faulkner, etc would hardly have weakened the batting

Also have to think that the Aussies didnt watch SA play at all in England as they have bowled to the strength of every batsman so far

Spikey

i'm not actually that pressmatic about our bowlers. i mean, each of them has bowled a few pretty sweet balls. Not beyond the realms of possibility for australia to land a 3-4 quick wickets imo. obviously more likely these two dig, but still

willing to taste it