• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Australia 2012

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
What was Amla first chance average in England again? Someone go find it I know he scored both his tons after we dropped him.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
What are these 'subtle changes' to DRS the commentators mentioned?
An amendment has been made to the LBW protocols. The margin of uncertainty applicable to the point of impact with the pad has been increased so that it is the same as provided for determining the projected point of impact with the stumps. For example, if the centre of the ball is shown to be impacting in line within an area demarcated by a line drawn down the middle of the outer stumps (and the bottom of the bails), then the decision will always be out.

If the whole of the ball is shown to be impacting outside the line of the stumps, then the decision will always be not out. If there is anything in between, the original on-field decision will stand.

i.e. now more difficult to overturn LBW decisions where the doubt is on whether the batsman was hit in line

Ruckus

International Captain
Pattos gotta get rid of the high 5 routine from his celebration. Kind of dampens the aggression he brings.

hazsa19

International Regular
An amendment has been made to the LBW protocols. The margin of uncertainty applicable to the point of impact with the pad has been increased so that it is the same as provided for determining the projected point of impact with the stumps. For example, if the centre of the ball is shown to be impacting in line within an area demarcated by a line drawn down the middle of the outer stumps (and the bottom of the bails), then the decision will always be out.

If the whole of the ball is shown to be impacting outside the line of the stumps, then the decision will always be not out. If there is anything in between, the original on-field decision will stand.

i.e. now more difficult to overturn LBW decisions where the doubt is on whether the batsman was hit in line
hmmm, tbh I would have preferred for them to go the other way.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Has to be said, Clarke knowing how to use his bowlers has turned into a bit of an art. Gives Pattinson a few to warm into it and see if there's any swing, takes him off at the first sign of being innocuous, brings him back at the other end after the other opening bowler to bowl with a bit more aggression. Siddle's the perfect, reliable choice for first-change to come on and bowl good areas after Pattinson too. Very good.

benchmark00

Has to be said, Clarke knowing how to use his bowlers has turned into a bit of an art. Gives Pattinson a few to warm into it and see if there's any swing, takes him off at the first sign of being innocuous, brings him back at the other end after the other opening bowler to bowl with a bit more aggression. Siddle's the perfect, reliable choice for first-change to come on and bowl good areas after Pattinson too. Very good.
Siddle reminds me a bit of what Kasper used to do so well in that first change role. Hit good areas.

Stapel

International Regular
Nah kidding yourself, as plumb as it can possibly ever be on a first day with a new ball.
I'm a bit more conservative on LBW-decisions. The ball hitting the flap of the back foot..., I just don't know.

Anyway, DRS did the right thing!

Top_Cat

Siddle reminds me a bit of what Kasper used to do so well in that first change role. Hit good areas.
Yep, exactly. Gives the other guys more freedom to go for big movement. Definitely take your point about the attack being a bit light-on, though. Should get Ponting to roll the arm over. Love it when he bowls.

Stapel

International Regular
With Watson missing, Aus need clever captaincy. Nathan Lyon bowling many overs won't scare SA, I'ld think.

benchmark00

Reckon McGrath always sounds like he's a sentence away from an emotional breakdown.

Need Gilly up there so bad. Would been awesome if he replaces Healy for the next GABBA test.