• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Australia 2012

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
so anyway this Hastings thing is probably the first big **** up by the new panel in tests. like, don't forget we kept hazlewood and bird out of the aus a game to keep them up our sleeves or some bull****. hastings didn't even do jack in that match anyway

Riggins

International Captain
been busy actually playing cricket and all that garbage.

really want to watch ponting make 260 and guide the boys home. if you're ever gonna chase a massive score now is a pretty decent situation for it.

Spikey

giving Riggins 14 hours to make 140 odd posts. ballsy move. ajdude should be playing his natural game imo

edit hey ajdude if you don't post in this thread within 5 minutes you're a LOSER

Last edited:

Top_Cat

In all seriousness, as I said on day 1, reckon they picked Hastings in case they needed more batting in, say, a 4th knock chase. Doubt they thought they'd be chasing 600+ but.....

Spikey

i just refuse to believe they considered hastings' batting once MJ was in the team. I REFUSE

benchmark00

Yeah honestly don't think that's the reason, because Starc is also a high quality lower order bat.

Johnson & Starc for Siddle & Hilfhorse is b00sting the batting enough.

Riggins

International Captain
read hastings has now opened the bowling for australia/aus a more than for victoria in his shield career.

Spikey

i'm not sure that's true, but he hasn't opened for them since 09, so it's basically as good as true