• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Australia 2012

Spooony

Banned
lol
^You seem to forget what happened last time when SA were over there haha

I think it will be close. Either 1-1 or a 2-1 SA win maybe Aussies taking it 2-1. But Smith, Amla and Kallis in form as well as a establish and good pace attack we have the potential to take it. We can only throw it away

uvelocity

International Coach
smith, amla, steyn and philander would be your keys. I think we can deal with the rest comfortably.

I hope our fielding is top notch, the slip in standard has bothered me over the last however long

Spark

Global Moderator
Clarke has improved a lot in the last year tbf. Ponting has declined a bit, but he's still obviously better than most of the other candidates we've tried out in the slips of late. 3rd is a worry.

uvelocity

International Coach
haha just re-read my post, I don't just mean slips but yeah.

should make steve gary pratt smith 12th

Spooony

Banned
smith, amla, steyn and philander would be your keys. I think we can deal with the rest comfortably.

I hope our fielding is top notch, the slip in standard has bothered me over the last however long
So you include Kallis in with the rest? Duminy averages over 60 in Australia. It will be Alviro Peterson first games vs Australia. Amla scored two centuries in 2 matches the last time and Philander took 14 wickets in 2 matches. To handle them is easier said than done. Dunno who's your pace attack going to be but Starc should really not pose that much a problem

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i've got the suicide pact drawn up - if duminy scores a ton in the series, we all kill ourselves. godspeed

SeamUp

International Coach
And his last. ;)
Probably will be seeing he is 32 at the moment. :p

Alviro will get a hundred in one knock this series. He is just that sort of player. Might not get going in the rest. Scored a hundred against Australia on a tough pitch already when you toured SAF last.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Probably will be seeing he is 32 at the moment. :p

Alviro will get a hundred in one knock this series. He is just that sort of player. Might not get going in the rest. Scored a hundred against Australia on a tough pitch already when you toured SAF last.
I've had it up to here with scoring annoying hundreds in general; he's not that good. This is going to be the series he finally flops properly in after using up the like of five men in that big knock against England.

Please. :p

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
(also obviously the only reason they're doing this is to make it easier to pick paine)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Can't actually remember who said it - I want to say Ponting but that doesn't seem right - but I believe someone in the Australian setup said the top six was basically set in cement for the South Africa Tests and would be reviewed after that, so I'd be really surprised if Cowan was dropped for Haddin before the series.

Last edited: