• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Australia 2012

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wow that batting is ridiculous.

Shame the same thing can't be said about the bowling though.
The selectors were genuinely worried that Aus A would win the finals series and Reiffel had been gun the whole series so they picked him as 12th man for the Australia side. It must have been bittersweet for him to be watching the two sides play. Merv Hughes was a handy 2nd XI bowler to have as well. He was also dropped for the finals. Robertson and George weren't much chop though.

I'm not sure why Warne didn't play the match listed, but he played most of the rest of the series.

EDIT: And I'm sure that MacGill was lurking behind the scenes somewhere as well.

Last edited:

andyc

I know this has been said already, but it really can't be overstated; Lyon is a gun.

It's so easy to have the mindset that as a number 10/11 you can just get out slogging and nobody is going to care. And for bowlers with no defensive technique that is probably valid. But Nafe has a ripper of a defense, and values his wicket so highly. It won't be long until he gets a test 50, even if the bulk of runs are scored off the sweep.

WAFG
Has already top scored for his country in a Test innings.

AlanJLegend

U19 Vice-Captain
Lyon walking out to a rapturous applause is no doubt going to go down as one of the funnier things ever to happen in test cricket.

HeathDavisSpeed

Jeez. Tough one for the 3rd ump.

Reckon he edged it, but may get away with it.

EDIT: Remained out. Not enough evidence to overturn it probably.

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Don't think he hit it personally. Should be taken out the back and shot for the shot though, ****ing terrible. Played about five of them last night as well, **** has absolutely nothing between the ears.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Looking forward to today's action, just looking at the betting I think Lyon 17.5 over/under is a tad too high, he's pretty much done 4/5 of his job already IMO and will perish very early.
Yep I'm in the money..

But seriously, I didn't bet much at all, but it was a very solid bet.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Well if you combine his first innings score of 96 and this one he made 100.

Terrible start to the morning though, 5/43 is deep, deep trouble.