• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Australia 2012

Ruckus

International Captain
Na. Firstly, he has 2 wickets. Secondly, the prediction was never even particularly bold at all given Starc did well and looked the part at the WACA the first time he played a test here, prior to him even improving as a bowler.

The real test for Starc will be on wickets not ideally suited to him.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
it could be the making of him in that he could dispose Hilf in the team and become a regular first xi

(hilf can taste it)

Ruckus

International Captain
ha I don't rate Starc as much as half of the people on here, but I still was very open to him playing at the WACA

cnerd123

likes this
If ABD and Amla wanna win a big game for South Africa and/or ruin Ponting's farewell, now's the ideal time to do it.

Ruckus

International Captain
Reckon Butterworth would be doing a way better job than Hastings anyway ftr, and that's really the 'like-for-like' substitution.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
in the first 30 mins it seemed as though aus had chosen a significantly weaker attack....
hastings looked ordinary. starc & watson looked slow.

it appears that both teams have gone into the match with a defensive appraoch by picking a bowling all rounder each instead of a front-line bowler..

Last edited:

Ruckus

International Captain
Interesting to see how cricinfo etc. is saying how the pitch isn't doing much. Looks to me like a pretty standard waca pitch where if you bowl in the right areas and pitch it up you can easily take wickets. Feel like the bowlers, on the whole bar the last couple of overs from Starc, haven't bowled full enough at all. Think that's why there's an impression of the pitch being somewhat placid. Wouldn't be surprised at all if someone like Philander manages to consistently get movement here.

say2chintu

Cricket Spectator
HOW MANY TIMES Amla has been dropped since starting England tour ? 5 **** times and each time has made big 100. Go well Aussies !!

Xuhaib

International Coach
I know is is very early in his career and WACCA generally suits the quick left armer but imo Starc is the closest thing I've seen to Wasim Akram and yeah that includes Mohammad Aamer aswell.