• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Australia 2012

Spark

Global Moderator
Gotta play Lyon, surely, if only because otherwise the attack is way too new and potentially leaky.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I wonder with Starc and Mitch playing they'll pick Lyon anyway, due to the footmark factor.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Still seething.

SA should now be firm favourites to clinch this series after seeing the announcement of the 12 man squad, particularly if Lyon is carrying the drinks. Australia have decided that picking our Aus A attack would be a good option against one of the truly gun batting lineups in the world, crazy.

Ponting considers this to be like a Grand Final, so why are we resting the heart and soul of our team. #angryface

BTW if we play an attack of Starc, Johnson, Hazlewood and Hastings who is going to be the new ball bowlers?

Last edited:

Spikey

Starc & Hazlewood

but frankly I just don't see how they can pick Hastings over Lyon. I'm almost certain Lyon will kill someone if that happens

Spikey

Hastings, Johnson, Starc, Haze & Watson is just so fun though. High potential for hijinks

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Still seething.

SA should now be firm favourites to clinch this series after seeing the announcement of the 12 man squad, particularly if Lyon is carrying the drinks. Australia have decided that picking our Aus A attack would be a good option against one of the truly gun batting lineups in the world, crazy.
:laugh:

wow. johnson would really have to come good now

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I have mixed feelings about John Wayne - He does take poles on a consistent basis for Vic and I quite like his method of bowling a ;heavy ball' at a place like Perth, but then on the other hand, when he's played for Aus in the ODI team, he hasn't so far looked as though he has all the tools to get out top class batsman and didn't

uvelocity

International Coach
Still seething.
I don't love siddle like yourself but it's just madness

starc last played a test in april, has 4 under his belt
watson last played in april and is 4/1 on to break down again anyway
johnson last played over a year ago, was **** and got injured
hazlewood on debut
lyon has been a typical finger spinner

Second Spitter

State Vice-Captain
The question that really needs to be asked is how Hazlewood (9w@46) finds himself further up the pecking order than Ben Cutting (18w@21) and who also has an FC ton to his name this season?