• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Australia 2012

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
Substitute? You bishs cray?

Runners is a tricky one, they definitely should have them in theory, but in practice it's impossible to police, even with an independent doctor/trained medical professional. Say a bloke goes down with cramp (which is generally seen as conditioning, not injury), what's stopping the player from saying it's actually a torn muscle? They can't stop the game and get scans and then give him a runner if he has torn his calf.

Maybe if they have a rule where once you start your innings, if you get injured you can't have a runner, but if you sustain an injury before you go out to bat during the course of the match, then if it's tested and seen to be an injury, you're allowed a runner.
Benchy in talking complete sense shocker. That idea for runners actually seems pretty solid.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Ponting set to announce retirement today.
Serious? Kind of fitting to start in Perth and finish in Perth. I'm going to miss the guy, can clearly remember where I was on his debut and how he awesome he batted and how rubbish his lbw was., lucky we have DRS now.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Sids and Hilf out too.
That's an absolute farce to have Siddle ruled out, what a disgraceful decision. He is the leader of the attack and since we are probably going to play 4 quicks plus Watto, we could have just monitored his workload in the first innings and then in the second innings he'll be better.

The leader of the attack should play every single test match and now we have conditions that are likely to favour the bowling more so compared to the previous two tests.. Seething..

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
Saffas better not **** this important occasion up for everyone. No player is bigger than the game but if any bloke deserves to go out with a win it's Punter.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
That's an absolute farce to have Siddle ruled out, what a disgraceful decision. He is the leader of the attack and since we are probably going to play 4 quicks plus Watto, we could have just monitored his workload in the first innings and then in the second innings he'll be better.
If he's not fit he's not fit.

You wouldn't want another Pattinson situation to prevent you guys from winning a test.

This will be an interesting test.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
If he's not fit he's not fit.

You wouldn't want another Pattinson situation to prevent you guys from winning a test.

This will be an interesting test.
He is fit and I explained how he can be managed.
No I wouldn't.
Yes.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah they haven't confirmed no Lyon.

They are waiting for tomorrow.

I think they should play Lyon, with Watson being able to bowl and all.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This might be brilliant strategy from Ponting, giving his team the ultimate 'do it for Punter' gee-up. Might have actually decided to sacrifice eking out a few more Tests to win this one which will send them to number 1.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Picking a worse bowler than Watson to come in as a fifth seamer seems completely absurd to me. I guess they must just rate Hastings a lot higher than I do.

Damn you South Australia. Damn you to hell.