• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Australia 2012

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Curtly's spell usually does get a mention at some point.

"You get full value for your shots at the WACA".

When a batsman leaves a ball "You can leave the ball on length here at the WACA"

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Lillee will obviously get a mention, but we'll also here a random story about a former WA great and their stats will appear on the screen. Usually its Graham McKenzie, Terry Alderman a potential option if nein decides to go a little out there.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Curtly's spell usually does get a mention at some point.

"You get full value for your shots at the WACA".

When a batsman leaves a ball "You can leave the ball on length here at the WACA"
"You can leave straight deliveries and trust they would go over your stumps..I remember Mark Taylor doing that" - Michael Slater

howardj

International Coach
A wedding by the Swan River

At least Tony won't be there to make some snide remark about mail order brides

Briony

International Debutant
In Perth they always talk about full value for shots, the ball going over the stumps at greater height so the players and umpires have to adjust, the Freo doctor and how it's a great 'seeing' ground.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
You gotta remember that not everyone who watches the cricket watches every game and knows all the commentators by voice and posts on a cricket forum.

Frankly, you lot can't complain until you have Danny Morrison orgasming in your ears.

which reminds me about ear ***.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Horizontal bat shots.
Yeah this is a big one that often goes un-noticed. Someone will play a back foot drive and Chappell will go on for twenty minutes about how it's a bad idea at Perth, and how the batsman should've either cut it, pulled it or left it.. even if he keeps nailing back foot drives for four.

uvelocity

International Coach
tbf I think he normally goes on about being either straight or horizontal, not in between, which is fair enough

Garson007

State Vice-Captain
In my mind test cricket has always been about straight bat shots and the limited overs format about horizontal shots. Which is why seam bowling gets more purchase in tests and variation in the shorter formats.

It really seems at odds for someone to suggest that horizontal bat shots are safer to play in any test match. Does the length at Perth really stay that true all throughout the game?

howardj

International Coach
Tipping these lineups

Warner
Cowan
Watson
Ponting
Clarke
Mussey
Wade
Johnson
Siddle
Starc
Hilf

Pietersen
Smith
Amla
Kallis
Devilliers
Faf
Rudolph
Kleinveldt
Philander
Steyn
Morkel

howardj

International Coach
For the record, I would pick Lyon over Johnson, but selectors get all hairy-chested in Perth (fast bowlers paradise; let's blast 'em out etc)