• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Australia 2012

howardj

International Coach
Well, on a broader level, frankly it's quite jarring to ask a greenhorn to slot in at first drop..when in Ponting, Clarke, and Hussey, you have 300 Tests of experience. Guys like Marto, Punter etc had the luxury of cutting their teeth at 5 or 6...it's just sheer madness that one of the aforementioned wouldn't step up to fill Watson's place in the order. And the best credentialed, the guy with the best technique, is Clarke.

Cue the comments: "well back two or three years ago!!!! he didn't do well at #4, so that means he can never bat up the order" :laugh:

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Isn't the country's most successful number 3 since Bradman still in the side?

Last edited:

Burgey

**** I hope all this talk of new blokes in the test side doesn't mean we end up taking our eye of the aim game here. Can't have these young blokes missing the Big Bash ffs.

Ruckus

International Captain
"Philander belies his name - he doesn't waver from a straight line and a good length" :laugh: wtf??

howardj

International Coach
People who say that Clarke can never bat at # 4 (or even # 3) because he did poorly two years ago, simply have no feel for cricket. If you've played the game you would know that there is no material difference, no different mindset, in batting at # 4 as compared to # 5. Moreover, Clarke's poor record at # 4 was more a function of Australia being 2 for 10 than it was his inability to bat there.

Ruckus

International Captain
I'd be absolutely seething if I was David Hussey though. Especially seeing as though the reason given by the NSP was Quiney's consistency over the past few years and he is in the same team!. It's probably going to be a short term replacement as well, which surely would have worked in Hussey's favour. I mean this is a guy who has 41 FC hundreds, so if this wasn't his best chance to make a test debut, then I don't know what is. Would be livid.

benchmark00

I'd be absolutely seething if I was David Hussey though. Especially seeing as though the reason given by the NSP was Quiney's consistency over the past few years and he is in the same team!. It's probably going to be a short term replacement as well, which surely would have worked in Hussey's favour. I mean this is a guy who has 41 FC hundreds, so if this wasn't his best chance to make a test debut, then I don't know what is. Would be livid.
Can only assume you've never seen David Hussey play cricket if you're advocating him to make his debut against South Africa. He would get bounced out within two seconds.

Spikey

if I was David Hussey i'd be seething because i'd be a shook bitch who can't play the short ball

Ruckus

International Captain
Can only assume you've never seen David Hussey play cricket if you're advocating him to make his debut against South Africa. He would get bounced out within two seconds.
Na I would have probably gone with Khawaja. I'm just saying from his pov he must have been feeling pretty pissed.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
You have to be a pretty knowledgeable individual to successfully nominate Rob Quiney as your Non-capped player to get a game by end of summer:

Think a few of us made some predictions in the aus domestic thread.