• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Australia 2012

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It's the same discussion every single year at the Adelaide Oval. When are people going to learn what the AO is?

It's a flat flat deck for the first 2-3 days, then it starts taking extensive spin later on in the match. Couple that with the fact that the nature of the pitch means it scuffs the ball up quicker, meaning reverse swing is very common, means there is almost always a result late in the game.
But it's still just flat. I'm not seeing really big spin or reverse swing here. I'm seeing a very flat fifth day wicket.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
dead set last time warner was thumped like that was when he was on the wing for randwick boys

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Nevermind, Wade just proved he is a dick. Faf just pushed the ball to Wade with his bat to save him the walk, and Wade, the cheeky bastard he is flicked it with his heel towards the stumps in hope of run out, and then has a cheeky look back at the crease to see how close he was.....:dry:
This, and being village with a possible roll at the stumps has come back in the wicketkeeping form of karma. Boom.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
These are the exact sort of situations when you need to pick your best keeper. I mean Wade's batting has left a lot to be decided this series and he is dropping routine edges that the likes of Healy, Seccombe, Hartley and Gavin Fitness would have taken with consummate ease.

In summary Wade out.