• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Australia 2012

Ruckus

International Captain
This has been the most boring test match. Every time I've tuned in it's just been stagnating something chronic.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
great innings from AB btw.
although he only got 33 runs, it's worth more like 80+ runs given the number of balls he faced.

the guy on debut is batting extremely well too

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Above all else, Wade deserves to be dropped for that village shy back from the stumps stuff that Senior 4C keepers wouldn't be caught dead doing.

Not sure what this Ruckus character wants from a Test if he considers this one boring.

Ruckus

International Captain
I dunno, maybe I'm just getting bored of cricket in general, but I haven't found this match interesting in the slightest. Pitch has been doing little to nothing for most of the 5 days, there's been minimal competition between bat and ball, and a team has ended up batting for a draw in the slowest way possible over about a day and a half.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
I wouldn't call this test boring. The pitch is quite flat, and the saffers have the least interesting bats (apart from Amla/Kallis) in cricket. Still been pretty exciting though

The pitch is a poor one, but you can't really blame the saffers for being defensive, its their only option here

Pattinson getting injured is a big shame

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I think the pitch just decides to flatten out completely whenever I'm watching. I'm flabbergasted that so many wickets fell on days 2-4 having watched very little of that and all of days 1 and 5. I listened to Clarke get out on the radio to one that they tried to tell me kept really low but there doesn't look like even a hint of up and down at the moment.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Day one, 3-50 or whatever then almost 500 by the end of the day. Collapse the next day, fightback from Smith and SA. More fight the next day from a debutant and a guy on one leg. Team that scored 550 had to fight to forge a formidable lead, finally declared, took early wickets by stumps and there's now action that completely belies whatever is going on in regards to the scoreboard.

I'd say it's one of the best Tests I've witnessed for a while, at least for intrigue if not skill.

sonnench

U19 12th Man
Nevermind, Wade just proved he is a dick. Faf just pushed the ball to Wade with his bat to save him the walk, and Wade, the cheeky bastard he is flicked it with his heel towards the stumps in hope of run out, and then has a cheeky look back at the crease to see how close he was.....:dry:

uvelocity

International Coach
I think the pitch just decides to flatten out completely whenever I'm watching. I'm flabbergasted that so many wickets fell on days 2-4 having watched very little of that and all of days 1 and 5. I listened to Clarke get out on the radio to one that they tried to tell me kept really low but there doesn't look like even a hint of up and down at the moment.
go back to wachope pews

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Haha Kallis knew he was going to be in a lot of pain if he hit that for four but he just couldn't resist. Should keep lobbing them up until he retires hurt IMO.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
there's no doubt kallis would have been in a lot more pain if he had a let a full toss from an off spinner go

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's the same discussion every single year at the Adelaide Oval. When are people going to learn what the AO is?

It's a flat flat deck for the first 2-3 days, then it starts taking extensive spin later on in the match. Couple that with the fact that the nature of the pitch means it scuffs the ball up quicker, meaning reverse swing is very common, means there is almost always a result late in the game.