Page 233 of 482 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235243283333 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,495 of 7226

Thread: ***Official*** South Africa in Australia 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    hahahaha wtf happened there
    Quote Originally Posted by robelinda View Post
    holy moly, that scared me
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Hahaha yeah I **** myself watching that.
    What was this about?

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruckus View Post
    What was this about?
    Michael Clarke defended a delivery from Tahir.

Ponting's dismissal. Was bizarre
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

I'd love to see Clarke get to 400 tomorrow... especially if this is going to turn out to be a drab draw like I'm expecting. Aussies still have to take 20 wickets on that road.

Still, one of the best days of test cricket I've seen.
    Andrew Symonds 143*

and i know we like 3/50 but seriously this is becoming silly
    This is still true mind

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Sam View Post
    I'd love to see Clarke get to 400 tomorrow... especially if this is going to turn out to be a drab draw like I'm expecting. Aussies still have to take 20 wickets on that road.

Still, one of the best days of test cricket I've seen.
    Adelaide has produced a result on 17/20 occasions in recent times

Ponting's dismissal. Was bizarre
    Oh wow...yeah... 2nd Test v SA - Ponting Wicket - YouTube

Pretty sad to see how clown-like his batting has become. It's funny as well how he has seemingly been on the end of yet another superb delivery. Sensing a trend here...
    Last edited by Ruckus; 22-11-2012 at 02:47 AM.

jan
    Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    Selectors not taking tsotsobe and parnell.

Steyn was very off.

poor captaincy and field settings from Smith, especially in the way he used Tahir. He neither cut of the singles or the boundaries with his weird field settings. Asked him to bowl around the wicket with noone on the off side i.e. telling him to bowl outside leg stump consistently.

The Kallis injury was critical.

Warner, Clarke and Hussey played blinders.

The pitch didn't offer much, but it wasn't that bad. There was bounce and carry, and if you're hitting good areas consistently you should be able to take wickets with that.
    Dale is or has been off for quite some time Id say. And Tahir is...well Tahir was there and strongly asked for being replaced. Smith is not stupid so Im thinking maybe Proteas are way too relaxed about this series.
    Who should Tsotsobe and Parnell play instead?

I wonder if PEWS will say Waca, Waca, Waca should Clarke make a double in Perth...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bun View Post
    Darn, at his age, I didn't know one needed to insert and ejaculate manship in womanship to create childship!
    left-handed batsman, right-arm crap bowler, grainy streams watcher

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Quote Originally Posted by jan View Post
    Dale is or has been off for quite some time Id say. And Tahir is...well Tahir was there and strongly asked for being replaced. Smith is not stupid so Im thinking maybe Proteas are way too relaxed about this series.
    I'm beginning to wonder about Steyn. It doesn't appear as if he can really sustain the pace of his youth for long spells anymore. Without that speed, I'm not sure whether he's accurate enough to continue averaging low 20's in the long run.

Having said that, his average will take a nice dip when he plays us next month.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

International Captain kingkallis's Avatar
    Bingle was a good riddance for Clarkey. He is in just so awesome form since that incident.
    CricZo XI - 3 Draft Winner

Scorecard Draft (2010) V Sehwag, D Amiss, D Bradman (c), C Cowdrey, P Umrigar, A Faulkner, R Marsh +, M Marshall, W Hall, M Hughes, B O'Reilly
    Alphabetical Draft (2011) S Watson, G Kirsten, D Bradman (c), K Sangakkara +, C Cowdrey, K Pietersen, A Flintoff, M Marshall, B O'Reilly, F Trueman, T Alderman
    The Eras Draft (2014) V Trumper, A Morris, N Harvey, J Kallis, S McCabe, F Woolley, Imran Khan (c), J Dujon +, J Briggs, D Steyn, J Snow

Quote Originally Posted by jan View Post

I wonder if PEWS will say Waca, Waca, Waca should Clarke make a double in Perth...
    Nah you've got me the wrong way around. I'm not bagging the Adelaide Oval so I can talk down Clarke's innings; I'm talking down Clarke's innings so I can bag the Adelaide Oval. Michael Clarke actually played the best Test innings I've ever seen live on TV - in South Africa. The WACA isn't a great Test wicket these days either but it's not a complete and utter joke like this one.

I actually heard a few people say that the bit of extra grass would be good for the pitch but it'll just ensure that it doesn't turn in the second innings like it did for Swann or get variable like the old Adelaide Oval myths will tell you it will. I'll wait and see what actually happens later in the game before going on about it even more, but I think this could well be the flattest pitch I've ever seen that wasn't Antigua.

We in Australia love to poo-poo the records of Sangakkara, Jayawardene, Samaraweera etc for scoring massive runs at the SSC and I definitely see the point of that at times, but we can't then turn around and beat our chests about Clarke knocking off a quick double in Adelaide, a ground which is just as bad if not actually worse in this case, and call it great Test cricket. It's rubbish cricket.

People can quote stats from the last twenty years all you like but the vast majority of that time was occupied by all-conquering Australian team that could've won on any surface. That was one of the best lineups of all time. There have been a few exceptions to that where Australia actually even lost like the last Ashes (on a pitch that I didn't think was that bad, actually) but overall this has been a joke wicket. Furthermore, if we get a result on this one because both teams progress the game scoring ~5rpo while racking up their huge scores then it doesn't make it a good cricket wicket just because it gets us a result. You need to provide a relatively even contest between bat and ball to be a good wicket. Obviously you need variety a little bit one way or the other but Adelaide is a complete joke, just like Antigua was a joke and the SSC is a joke, and it's true that I might be a bit of a sour **** but I didn't enjoy today's play at all, tbh.
    Last edited by Prince EWS; 22-11-2012 at 03:29 AM. Reason: Thought the Ashes was last year throughout my whole post for some reason, stupid
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09

Quote Originally Posted by John Singleton
    Recognition of Property Rights in material objects is the recognition of a manís right to exist; his right to pursue his own goals in his own manner at his own discretion with what is rightfully his to command. Just as the Right to Life is the right to the property of oneís own person, so the right to own material products is the right to sustain oneís life and to keep the results of oneís own efforts.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Surely one of the more demoralizing first days play endured by a top side in recent years. Carnage
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Why I kept thinking the Ashes was last year throughout that post is beyond me, but point stands.

International Regular Jayzamann's Avatar
    And a tiny tweak of the query brings up this pretty face.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    We in Australia love to poo-poo the records of Sangakkara, Jayawardene, Samaraweera etc for scoring massive runs at the SSC and I definitely see the point of that at times, but we can't then turn around and beat our chests about Clarke knocking off a quick double in Adelaide, a ground which is just as bad if not actually worse in this case, and call it great Test cricket. It's rubbish cricket.

People can quote stats from the last twenty years all you like but the vast majority of that time was occupied by all-conquering Australian team that could've won on any surface. That was one of the best lineups of all time. There have been a few exceptions to that where Australia actually even lost like the last Ashes (on a pitch that I didn't think was that bad, actually) but overall this has been a joke wicket. Furthermore, if we get a result on this one because both teams progress the game scoring ~5rpo while racking up their huge scores then it doesn't make it a good cricket wicket just because it gets us a result. You need to provide a relatively even contest between bat and ball to be a good wicket. Obviously you need variety a little bit one way or the other but Adelaide is a complete joke, just like Antigua was a joke and the SSC is a joke, and it's true that I might be a bit of a sour **** but I didn't enjoy today's play at all, tbh.
    It's not rubbish cricket, that's massive exaggeration. It's one thing to have conditions in your favour, takes talent and skill to rack up 480 in a day against that attack. If you could pick some **** off the street and he score a ton, you might have a point about the pitch being too far in favour of the bat. And, I might add, if Tahir hadn't bowled a couple of full bungers every over, he might not have been smashed for 8/over. When he and Faf bowled straight, even Clarke had trouble putting him away at least.

Sure a close contest is more entertaining but to call it actual 'rubbish cricket'? You're not being sour, you're being ridiculous.
    Last edited by Top_Cat; 22-11-2012 at 03:49 AM.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Thread Information